Quantcast

A nice custom bike

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
damn man, did you guys keep reading that thread? the guy made pneumatic paddle shifters for his old datsun. That is increadibly cool!

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
Impressive and creative as hell. Yeah, that thread falls under my official catagory 'makes me wish I was an engineer, a machinist, and had more spare time and money'.

oh yeah, and a girlfriend who would ride a bike :rolleyes:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Fulton said:
damn man, did you guys keep reading that thread? the guy made pneumatic paddle shifters for his old datsun. That is increadibly cool!
yeah, that's what I was thinking, this dude is my new idol! F1-shifters in a 510 wagon and the bike. My GF would cream for that bike, not to mention the time and effort put into it. SOOOOO F-IN SCHWEEET

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
That thing was way cool. He should have done a disc in the rear, back in the late 70's other kids used to come to me to convert their coaster brake hubs to freewheel hubs. I think I charged like $5 to make them, I was rolling in the $ at 12 years old:thumb:

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Brian HCM#1 said:
That thing was way cool. He should have done a disc in the rear, back in the late 70's other kids used to come to me to convert their coaster brake hubs to freewheel hubs. I think I charged like $5 to make them, I was rolling in the $ at 12 years old:thumb:
yes you converted hubs as a front, you really would steal the bikes as the ids went to sleep and you ran a chop shop :eek: ;)

I bet that bike would be great for doing all of those awsome curb drops that i do all the time :blah: actually im heading east tomorrow night for some real riding DH @ Mt. Snow :D

RaID

Turbo Monkey
Mutt said:
Impressive and creative as hell. Yeah, that thread falls under my official catagory 'makes me wish I was an engineer, a machinist, and had more spare time and money'.

oh yeah, and a girlfriend who would ride a bike :rolleyes:
my checklist:

engineer: give me another 5 months
machinist: nope
spare time: none
money: not enough
a gf: not atm

i think that rules me out :(

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
holy hydralic paddle shifters on a 510 wagon for your engineering thesis batman! the bike is..... interesting, but that 510 wagon crap is downright AMAZING! whats that guys phone number!?!?!?! mmmmmm paddle shifter in an mg.....

the extent of my shifter mods included a bigass cutoff wheel and a sparco shift knob. i feel like a caveman.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
ViolentVolante said:
I bet that bike would be great for doing all of those awsome curb drops that i do all the time :blah: actually im heading east tomorrow night for some real riding DH @ Mt. Snow :D
You can't go!!!!!! You'll be riding in dirt :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: ;)