Quantcast

A great quote I heard

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
How to live your life - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally wornout, and loudly proclaiming:
WOW... what a ride!!!

This should be the new Downhill creed... don't ya think?

Hrelp

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
What if you arrive there with a broken back from 40 years ago and you never really got that "ride".

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
Life is like a new car, you take it easy the first few, while you break it in, then you pass the break in and drive it a little harder. few years later, its got some scratches, a few creaks, so you really start layin into it. Then something breaks, you fix it, and drive and drive on. then somthing else breaks, you fix it and drive a little easier. then it starts making noises, you know something is about to go, so you ease up even more..... on and on through last half of its life, then finally its hardly drivable, you come flying in to the junkyard full throttle at 20mph, spouting smoke and dripping oil, and pump the brakes with some hope you can get the wheels to lock up so you can skid in. Typically the better you treat it, the longer it lasts, barring an accident on severe engine problem. but regardless of how long it lasts, I say its more fulfilling to drive the piss out of it.