Quantcast

888RT vs. 888R

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
they made it so the bike can be cheaper yet still look expensive, and it'd be just like a jr. t but stiffer.

Anyone- Can you replace the internals on it with the hscv internals (like putting super t internals into a jr.t...)???

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
zane said:
they made it so the bike can be cheaper yet still look expensive, and it'd be just like a jr. t but stiffer.

Anyone- Can you replace the internals on it with the hscv internals (like putting super t internals into a jr.t...)???

Maybe, but it would cost you a good chunk and there is no adjustability on the RT. The 888RT is a pile of steamy, steamy fork poo.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I rode a Demo9 Pro with an "888RR" on it and it felt really, really good. I took it down 2 different trails with all kinds of terrain and off of a 15' drop. I have never ridden an 888R off-road but I have test ridden them (parking lot) and they feel similar to the 888RR I rode. However I don't know for sure what internals the model I rode has (SSV or HSCV or SSVF?) compared to the 888R or 888RT. It had a rebound adjuster on the left leg and nothing on the right. I can say it felt way more active than my '03 Jr. T which kinda felt like crap! I bet a cartridge can be purchased albeit for some $$$.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
The convertion kit from 200 to 170mm costs 80£/leg from chainreactioncycles.com
I don't know if the kit includes a spring with the cartridge but it might give you an idea on the costs...