Quantcast

36 hours in Southwest Colorado

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Great photos, I borrowed a few for my rotating desktop images folder.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The Google+ link has full size ones to download (via a menu at the top of each photo--More? Ellipsis? Something like that, has a download photo option).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sections were pretty gnarly. I maxed out on departure angle and breakover angle in my Land Cruiser, which sits 0.5" higher off the ground than stock thanks to 32" tires.

Stock it has 9.8" ground clearance, 24 degree breakover, 24 degree departure angle. If your rig is at those levels or higher than you should be fine.

I saw Wranglers (of course) and lots of side by sides on the trail, but also two odd birds, a OJ-esque mid-90s Ford Bronco non-II, and a late model Ford F-150 extended cab long wheelbase/long bed that somehow wasn't dragging all its bits on the trail. He did have to do a 5 point turn to get around the switchback I met him on.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Sections were pretty gnarly. I maxed out on departure angle and breakover angle in my Land Cruiser, which sits 0.5" higher off the ground than stock thanks to 32" tires.

Stock it has 9.8" ground clearance, 24 degree breakover, 24 degree departure angle. If your rig is at those levels or higher than you should be fine.

I saw Wranglers (of course) and lots of side by sides on the trail, but also two odd birds, a OJ-esque mid-90s Ford Bronco non-II, and a late model Ford F-150 extended cab long wheelbase/long bed that somehow wasn't dragging all its bits on the trail. He did have to do a 5 point turn to get around the switchback I met him on.
I only know if I hear shit dragging. :D