Quantcast

3 more years for Gwin on Trek

Tomasz

Monkey
Jul 18, 2012
Whistla
Hey, only $1k more than a V10 Carbon, and it's 1.6lb lighter. Normal decent DH build with Saint brakes, tubes, wire rim tires and coil shock come in at 33.5lb!! Crazyness...

I do prefer a bit more plow for my regular DH bike... I think. Need to compare side-by-side with the V10 again.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Was it a three year extension......?.....didn't he have a year left on his current deal......?

Wonder how many more wins.......?.......hope he stays healthy, that's only thing that could get him....

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
How much is the base contract for the Gwinner? The last time I knew salary info was mid-90s, and that was an inflated market at the time.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Was it a three year extension......?.....didn't he have a year left on his current deal......?

Wonder how many more wins.......?.......hope he stays healthy, that's only thing that could get him....
i think his first contract was just 2 years.

congrats to him and trek, they seem to have a good partnership, hard to beat getting paid copious amounts of money to ride your bicycle faster then everybody else in the world.

Last edited:

Tomasz

Monkey
Jul 18, 2012
Whistla
Haha, I don't race! I care more about comfort and enjoyability than speed.

The Trek is faster than the V10 hands down. But it's sooooo responsive. It needs to be ridden properly all of the time. I like to be able to mentally doze off a bit every now and then. That must be why I'm out with an injury right now!

: )

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Would anyone else want to sponsor Gwin?
After his last 2 seasons on Trek can you imagine sponsoring him on a new bike and him not winning? Might be a gamble!

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
Would anyone else want to sponsor Gwin?
After his last 2 seasons on Trek can you imagine sponsoring him on a new bike and him not winning? Might be a gamble!
good way to look at it, never thought of that possibility, but really, who else out there could afford him? Spec, giant?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I don't think there are any bikes that suck so much that gwin couldn't find a happy spot and win on it. Certainly none offered from any bike company that could afford him, or come anywhere near affording him (gt, giant, spec, sc, intense, lapiarre scott)

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I don't know if intense sponsors anybody on a WC level,let alone affording Gwin.Sad.
honestly they probably don't. but i figured they're one of the bigger brands (or at least, more interested in having a racing presence) and they'd be worth mentioning. I guess CRC/Nukeproof would also be worth mentioning.