Quantcast

27.5" specific damping.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Looks surprisingly legitimate...except for the 35 psi spec for the reservoir, while bragging about "no cavitation".

The first thing I noticed jumping on an equivalent 29er or 650b bike from one of my 26er bikes was the lower natural frequency of the bike going over the same sets of bumps. The whole bike had a different rhythm. Not better or worse, but different. Could be onto something.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
what is the deal with their lack of use of the letter "h". tecnology, incs, what? how can they make a shock with sims, they need SHIMZ

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Looks surprisingly legitimate...except for the 35 psi spec for the reservoir, while bragging about "no cavitation".

The first thing I noticed jumping on an equivalent 29er or 650b bike from one of my 26er bikes was the lower natural frequency of the bike going over the same sets of bumps. The whole bike had a different rhythm. Not better or worse, but different. Could be onto something.
And every trail you compared on is exactly like that. As in the trail you rode on a 27" wheel has no counterpart anywhere on a 26" bike. Spacing (that means frequency), and boom boom shape (that means square edge vs. whatever the fvck isn't square edge) could not possibly have an equivalent effect on the shock on a different trail on a wheel with 3/4 of an inch smaller radius.

That's about as legitimate as crossfit vs. "going outside and doing something"

Seriously man.........don't encourage that shlt. People marketing parts for bikes these days are already stupid enough.

Last edited:

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
A Fox tech did a clinic on new fork internals at our shop today. When we were messing with shim stacks I asked if it was a 26" or 27.5" specific arrangement. He looked at me like he wanted to stab the world. Perfect.

P.S. Fitting the new air seal really does make 2013 and '14 34s feel a lot smoother.

tacubaya

Monkey
Dec 19, 2009
Mexico City
A Fox tech did a clinic on new fork internals at our shop today. When we were messing with shim stacks I asked if it was a 26" or 27.5" specific arrangement. He looked at me like he wanted to stab the world. Perfect.

P.S. Fitting the new air seal really does make 2013 and '14 34s feel a lot smoother.
SKF air seal or what?

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Just an updated air shaft seal made by Fox that's going in 2015 forks and retrofitable to '13 and '14 34s. That, new oil, new main seals, and more polished legs are the reasons for the smoother feel in '15 but the tech said the air shaft seal made the biggest difference and keeps bath oil from getting sucked into the air cart.

tacubaya

Monkey
Dec 19, 2009
Mexico City
Worst interview ever, I learnt nothing new.

Peter Jones and Dave Garland can't explain anything without mumbling half of what they are saying, Franco did a much better job and he is Italian lol.

Also, F1 this, F1 that yada yada, just because you are doing F1 dampers doesn't mean you own the world.

/rant

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I still want to see how they justify using 35psi system pressure without having major cavitation issues, unless the compression side of the main piston is basically empty.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Yeah but if I train crossfit then I don't actually have to go outside. I'll just stay at my box and eats nuts and ****.
The difference is doing crossfit you at least may find a good trainer. Though I am a crossfit apologist since I know a few guys who do it and their box is surprisingly cool.

On a more on topic note it looks like another company with no practical biking knowledge but a lot of "I had a great idea when I was taking a dump during my last year of engineering"

@Troy when I've seen the topic and that you started it for a while I though you've gone mad and though it was a serious idea.

Last but not least if a girl claims my penis is small can I say to her it's 650b so it needs less travel?

Last edited:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
On a more on topic note it looks like another company with no practical biking knowledge but a lot of "I had a great idea when I was taking a dump during my last year of engineering"
HEY...a LOT of great engineering ideas emerge from the can..

Besides, how else do you think the entire bike industry comes up with frivolous new ideas every year?

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Are bRAKing bumps getting longer or deeper with the larger contact patch and wheelbase of longer bigwheel bikes?

Last edited: