Quantcast

2015 Racing Rumours - MTB Musical Chairs

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Just like how there are 9 *teams* and 10 riders, omission counts. I'm assuming that means that Rambo isn't getting a ride (possibly luca shaw? not really sure) and that the SRAM/TLD just means somebody wont be on Rockshox next year because they'll be riding Ohlins.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Monkey wasn't in the Trek tends lately.
Wasn't he in hospital at the beginning of the season 2014?
from what i saw on the internets, yes but dont know if hes been traveling with the team. i figured he was because hes the only one ive seen drive their US TWR box truck thats parked down the street from me right now.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Eric Carter has announced that he is leaving Specialized because he will be managing the TLD/Sram team. He's a rider's rider and drools over the ability for his athletes to select any frame they want. Gwin will follow, and will announce in the near future, and will be back on a Trek frame TBD whether or not he will be running a chain.

Palmer and Intense will lure Sam Hill over with nothing less than Gold..sweet glorious Gold! Training will begin immediately with marathon tattooing sessions and the knock out punch o' meter game. This is insider information..I internet.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Seriously though, does this mean we could see a team (TLD/Sram) where each rider had multiple different bikes/brands to fit different style courses? (I'm talking PMB vs Hafjell kinda thing)

Last edited:

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Seriously though, does this mean we could see a team (TLD/Sram) where each rider had multiple different bikes/brands to fit different style courses? (I'm talking PMB vs Hafjell kinda thing)
No, that will never happen.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
doubt it. more like a tld/sram team will partner with a single frame maker and the athletes will be running whatever components that SRAM doesn't offer that they have sponsorship deals with. grips/tires/etc.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Hmm, OK, but it does state that EACH athlete would be free to run what ever frame they felt the fastest on. The implication would be that they are buying/obtaining individual frames not choosing as a team. Very interesting from a team mechanics point of view.

It also appears that the article came out in February, so maybe it was this way this season? Have to re-read it again.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Troy Brosnan will be riding an Ohlins shock, a Boxxer fork (with an ohlins damper) on a specialized bike while wearing Troy Lee Designs clothes. You read it right here first folks. Curious to know who's going to intense - Neko, after his 4th at worlds, or Blenkinsop with his 5th overall.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Hmm, OK, but it does state that EACH athlete would be free to run what ever frame they felt the fastest on. The implication would be that they are buying/obtaining individual frames not choosing as a team. Very interesting from a team mechanics point of view.

It also appears that the article came out in February, so maybe it was this way this season? Have to re-read it again.
I'm pretty sure that's how the the Global Racing team was, some riders rode Orange and some rode Foes if I remember correctly.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC

The XC guy on the team rides a Trek, so they do have some flexibility.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Troy Brosnan will be riding an Ohlins shock, a Boxxer fork (with an ohlins damper) on a specialized bike while wearing Troy Lee Designs clothes. You read it right here first folks. Curious to know who's going to intense - Neko, after his 4th at worlds, or Blenkinsop with his 5th overall.
blenki was 9th overall this year.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Wasn't it just Missy who rode Foes while all the other Global riders were on Orange 222s? and we all know Missy's a bit special ;)

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Are there big UCI road race teams where the riders have diff frame sponsors?
No.
Eyewear and shoes are usually all that differs between teammates.

I doubt you'll see any frames that aren't a large OEM account for SRAM either.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Mitch ropo just posted a video on facebook of brad benedict riding an Ohlins equiped new demo (fork and all)

Being that doug shaw is the president of ohlins and luca currently rides for spesh, i think it would be safe to say that there will be some sort of ohlins/spesh WC team

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
What's with giant off road dh racers, finished contracts? Needles, Marcelo, and Hart,

*Who's gonna pick up Danny Heart,......a UK or Euro based WC team?
If Sam Hills leaves, CRC should get Danny Hart.

*Maybe Claudio C. would like also to win some world cups for his team, he should replace stylish brendog? as team leader, or get a top racer in the market, like Danny Hart.

*Needles, marcelo, no idea or clue where they are going to,

*KTM? who will ride for them?, (Pekoll is austrian, maybe).

* is D riff part of this Sram/TLD?

Last edited:

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
Peaty, Palmer were team mates on the alternate universe earth 161..

Most likely:
*FIlip Polc to KTM.
*Remi Thirion returns to his old team SUNN

Waiting for some shocking news to come......like that of Sam Hill to CRC level..

Claudio C, recruits Sam Hill, reunites with brendog hahaha.

Cole and Blenki to ride all kiwi power house WC team, Lahar bikes....

Needles to ride for YT industries.

Peaty retires, Danny Hart joins SC Syndicate. awesome.

Last edited: