Quantcast

2015 Racing Rumours - MTB Musical Chairs

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
http://www.bikemag.com/industry-news/gt-factory-racing-announces-new-sponsors-2015/

so Beaumont's been dropped. we know where he winds up? He doesn't seem to be in the original drawerings....

edited to add this:
Team Director Dan Brown said:
Slugger is a force to be reckoned with. He made an enormous impact on the team and I know that I speak for all of us when I say how much we’ll miss his mischievous presence in the pits and at training sessions as well as his serious contributions to team strategy and the huge support that he offered to the other riders.
I've gotta ask, how much strategy is there in DH racing beyond: go as fast as fuck....

Last edited:

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
I think Slugger was always in the shadows of the athertons when they joined GT but still has a lot to give plenty more that Brendog and a few others on the world cup scene thats for sure, good luck to him and hope to see him on a team this year.

A change is as good as a holiday

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Has his eyesight gone bad, or is that the world's biggest alarm clock he's wearing on his wrist?

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
4x bike based on the new commencal V4 suspension for Strait soon?
V3 dh race bike for red bull rampage hucking contest.

any idea, who will be the new sram/tLd rider?

Last edited:

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
ok i stand corrected: Hill wins only on pyjamas.

enduro is dangerous too much injuries, dan, fab to name a few..
sam should have a prototype enduro neck brace for any scorpion event,

Cyclocross pic with cantis, they have disk brakes now.

Last edited:

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Here's a good one.
Santa Cruz Syndicate declined UCI Elite team status over jerseys.

from Kathy Sessler of the Syndicate when asked why the Syndicate wasn't on the trade team list...pretty crazy.

It's true. When I submitted the 3 jersey designs for our riders from ONeal, Royal and Fox, the graphic layout was really close to each other in what our perception of the rule was. Bear in mind this is no easy task with 3 clothing companies trying to produce jerseys to sell and they can't look exactly alike. With the exception that Greg's jersey had neon yellow added, and Steve's had blue added to give an slight individual identity to each rider, UCI didn't think the jerseys met their rule. They declined our elite trade team application based on the jerseys not meeting their criteria.

"All riders within a team are obliged to wear clothing that has identical major sponsor placement, layout and overall look, although the colours of men and women’s outfit can be different. In this case two designs must be submitted".

Certainly this rule can be interpreted many ways. We felt the jerseys were similar in "overall look", UCI did not.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I'm pulling this all out of my ass, mind you, but I think:
They can race under their individual federations, basically as privateers.
SC can't win any Team standings, if such nonsense exists.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
SC don't have a female racer so they are at a huge disadvantage to begin with, that is something to be more upset about than a UCI rule that may need updating.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I've also been surprised that SCB doesn't have a WC lady on the team. Maybe since most teams usually only have 2 big guns whereas SCB has 3 with Greg, Peat, and Rat, thus less $$$ for a fast chica? Just seems odd, especially since they've basically created a whole marketing effort targeting at women with Juliana. Maybe they assume most cyclist chicks aren't going to be buying DH bikes anyway, so why bother...Dunno.

(NOTE - I wanted to originally suggest that they let me wear a wig and shave my back so I could be their lady WC entrant, but I quickly realized Rach and the other pinner chicks would stomp me by a minute or so, and I would feel sad)

Last edited:

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
This is the complete list for 2015 world cup DH season.

UCI Mountain Bike Teams:

DEVINCI ITALY DH
BANSHEE BIKES FACTORY TEAM
BTWIN MTB RACING TEAM
CALVISSON VTT
CK RACING
DEVINCI GLOBAL RACING
EXCEPTIO SPORT - COMMENCAL
FMD RACING
GHOST FACTORY RACING
GIANT FACTORY OFF-ROAD TEAM
GIANT SWISS TEAM