Quantcast

2015 Norco Aurum Carbon (Every Model)

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
It looks like a ....
Is anyone using forums these days older than early 20's ?

Everyone loves the it looks like a Trek session call but pretty sure the session has only been around less than 10 years and the session looked like a Turner After Burner that Tomi Misser used to race in world cups which was sticker'd up as a Kona and the design Kona went on to become.

Your all sheep and rookies get some history into yourselves its not actually that old!

tomas-misser-1997.jpg

session77_bluegray.jpg

Pretty sure the Turner aka Turner looks a lot better than the Session 77 also

Last edited:

MmmBones

Monkey
May 8, 2011
Porkland, OR
I
Your all sheep and rookies. Get some history into yourselves, it's not actually that old!
Sort of! Design elements from the Afterburner were used for the Stab. When Kona first sold the 'Misser Replica DH', they were actually Turner AfterBurners w/ a Kona paint job. I remember working on one at a shop back in 2002!

Found some history of that bike on Turners website -
"Originally called a Burner DH, it was just an overbuilt Burner with 3.6" of travel. ['96]

It was quickly refined to become the legendary Afterburner ['97]. With 6" of travel, the Afterburner was the first Turner to use the forward rocker pivot found on all later Turner models and also to use needle bearings on the DH models to handle the increased loads. The Afterburner quickly made a name for itself on the World Cup Circuit with Tomi Misser, while riding for Kona, winning multiple DH races.

For a short time, Turner Bikes was contracted by Kona to build their 'Misser Replica' DH bikes. The 'Misser Replica' was the predecessor to the Kona Stab."

Hope this helps all the 'Sheep and Rookies'.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Is anyone using forums these days older than early 20's ?

Everyone loves the it looks like a Trek session call but pretty sure the session has only been around less than 10 years and the session looked like a Turner After Burner that Tomi Misser used to race in world cups which was sticker'd up as a Kona and the design Kona went on to become.

Your all sheep and rookies get some history into yourselves its not actually that old!

View attachment 119332

View attachment 119333

Pretty sure the Turner aka Turner looks a lot better than the Session 77 also
I can't speak for kickstand, but I reserve the right to be an idiot, and old.
Ps- Does that new norcho come in rootbeer? There's no article on it.

Last edited:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
It appears that norcho and santa craz ran afoul of KHS and lost rights to use this patented balls crushing tech:

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I can't speak for kickstand, but I reserve the right to be an idiot, and old.
Ps- Does that new norcho come in rootbeer? There's no article on it.
I think our aussie friend didn't detect my sarcasm very well. I was just cuing up the "it looks like" comments.

That said, I reserve the right to be as immature, childish, ignorant, and/or belligerent and obnoxious as I'd like.

There now that the legal disclaimer is out of the way.

I'll say:

I like the bike.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
It appears that norcho and santa craz ran afoul of KHS and lost rights to use this patented balls crushing tech:
I use to want one of these khs bikes back in my drinking days. So glad I got sober and went with an M1. See kids it doesn't pay to be drunk all the time you make bad decisions !

demonprec

Monkey
Nov 12, 2004
Whonnock BC Canada
the top tube broke on the 1st one during race , and the 2nd frame was the ISCG mounts , not sure if he has had the 2nd frame replaced or if he is even going to bother last time we road he was on his back up bike as he blew up the rear hub

demonprec

Monkey
Nov 12, 2004
Whonnock BC Canada
LOL the guy who designed the frame was at the race , he was aware and admitted to a design/production issues . it was a 1st generation Range carbon , the one with the ISCG issue is a 2014 model .