Quantcast

2015 New dh rides thread - no enduros because kickstand hates them

bismojo

Monkey
May 5, 2009
been using this sweet bike since late last year and ready for 2015 season after 1st bearings cleanup :weee:

letsride! #funissimple

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
Can we post sundays here hahaa,

New for 2015 is a 1 inch carbonz spacer under the top crown!

Just fooling myself, thinking hard that I have a new Dh bike.

Last edited:

SDet

Monkey
Nov 19, 2014
Boulder Co
Bringing this back to the top, complete build will follow when it's done. Hopefully gets glued together next week.
10500257_1006832782678945_6219151147412201964_n.jpg

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I believe this is your old frame @kickstand

Going to go the 650b route eventually

photo cred to @TrumbullHucker
I absolutely loved that bike. I still think that frame might be one of the sexiest looking frames currently available. The lines are perfect. Your build is very similar to how I had it set up as well.

Here is how it looked the day I finished it.

I hope you enjoy it.

I finally finished my replacement.

Feb 13, 2015
CT
That v10 is drool worthy, im loving the black with white decals. im beyond excited to finally get my bike on the dirt.

I absolutely loved that bike. I still think that frame might be one of the sexiest looking frames currently available. The lines are perfect. Your build is very similar to how I had it set up as well.

Here is how it looked the day I finished it.

I hope you enjoy it.

I finally finished my replacement.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
That v10 is drool worthy, im loving the black with white decals. im beyond excited to finally get my bike on the dirt.
I am considering ordering the gray/black fox decals for the fork, I like the all black look. My wifes car, black, my truck, black, my XC bike, black, my v-10, black LOL.

I also have even considered having a buddy do some dark grey lettering on his vinyl cutter for the santa cruz logo's.

That might just be overboard OCD activity though.

If I run into you this summer you'll have to let me take a rip on the 500 and I'll turn you loose on the v-10

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Thanks tomasis7....
Looking for a bike again, haven't ridden since shortly after destroying the full face.... balance has been off and lost a lot of short term memory...still get dizzy from certain movements but dying not riding....and at this time I'm adjusted to it fairly well.
What did I just say?
Lol

So I'm scouting bikes and taking a look around..

Thant and sandyeggo has been taunting me with carbon fiber and riding every time I call him...lol I can count on Andy to drop hints....

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Thanks tomasis7....
Looking for a bike again, haven't ridden since shortly after destroying the full face.... balance has been off and lost a lot of short term memory...still get dizzy from certain movements but dying not riding....and at this time I'm adjusted to it fairly well.
What did I just say?
Lol
what on earth happened to ya m8?!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
trumbullHucker, post: 4046507, member: 13270"]what on earth happened to ya m8?!
Was killing it on a trail and came around a corner for a ladder drop, whipped the rear a bit too hard coming in hooked on a rock or tree and front twisted I went over bars off the ladder to my head in the rocks down bellow...the urge full face helmet that I blew up is when it happened. Cracked wrist as well...

Thought I was good wanted to still ride that day lol buddies told me to call it a day, concussion had different plans after that...had 7 or so total and this one was the goofy one...got irritable, forgetfull, dizzy and my peripheral vision went to squat... pretty good now but still some permanent small issues...

Rode a few times but had headaches when landing drops and depth perception made doubles and drops a fun new experience...so wife told me to ace it and for once I agreed...

So now im secretly scouting bikes and looking in here and around....I will keep the bike at the shop....and not mention it for a while..

I saw a bunch of guys shuttling 2 weeks ago, I find myself missing a part of my life....and then of course you guys on here and reading up and looking right after....pictures, bike bling, new stuff....I need to ride again.....

Last edited:

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
@bullcrew jeeez.... well continue to heal up, and make sure to clear your internet history so the misses doesn't find out :D

@rollertoaster ill be keeping an eye out for your rig at Blue!

finally done tinkering.. good to go for 15.. felt awesome yesterday in the woods
@big-ted spacer with zee clutch is awesome.. much more quiet than x9
vivid with proper # spring is great.. less sag=less pedal smacks... much smoother feeling too

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2015
CT
I am considering ordering the gray/black fox decals for the fork, I like the all black look. My wifes car, black, my truck, black, my XC bike, black, my v-10, black LOL.

I also have even considered having a buddy do some dark grey lettering on his vinyl cutter for the santa cruz logo's.

That might just be overboard OCD activity though.

If I run into you this summer you'll have to let me take a rip on the 500 and I'll turn you loose on the v-10
I agree black is just better, it just looks best. I almost bought your black 40 lowers cause i hate the white. I think it may be this terrible winter getting to us haha. id love to take a rip on the v10 and you can get nostalgic on the 500

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Was killing it on a trail and came around a corner for a ladder drop, whipped the rear a bit too hard coming in hooked on a rock or tree and front twisted I went over bars off the ladder to my head in the rocks down bellow...the urge full face helmet that I blew up is when it happened. Cracked wrist as well...

Thought I was good wanted to still ride that day lol buddies told me to call it a day, concussion had different plans after that...had 7 or so total and this one was the goofy one...got irritable, forgetfull, dizzy and my peripheral vision went to squat... pretty good now but still some permanent small issues...

Rode a few times but had headaches when landing drops and depth perception made doubles and drops a fun new experience...so wife told me to ace it and for once I agreed...

So now im secretly scouting bikes and looking in here and around....I will keep the bike at the shop....and not mention it for a while..

I saw a bunch of guys shuttling 2 weeks ago, I find myself missing a part of my life....and then of course you guys on here and reading up and looking right after....pictures, bike bling, new stuff....I need to ride again.....
Damn son! Take care of your thinker, it's the only one you got, even if it;s broken :)

Glad to here you're making strides to recover.

I agree black is just better, it just looks best. I almost bought your black 40 lowers cause i hate the white. I think it may be this terrible winter getting to us haha. id love to take a rip on the v10 and you can get nostalgic on the 500
Shit, had you mentioned lowers I would have made you a package deal with the frame.

I actually kind of like the contrast of the white forks on that orange. At the end of the day my ocd obsession with blacking things out may shortly cause me to get a divorce :rofl: It drives my wife nuts.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
finally done tinkering.. good to go for 15.. felt awesome yesterday in the woods
@big-ted spacer with zee clutch is awesome.. much more quiet than x9
vivid with proper # spring is great.. less sag=less pedal smacks... much smoother feeling too

Good looking DHR. What size is it and do you know how much it weighs? Also, what spring weight do you ride and how much do you weigh, if i may ask haha

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Good looking DHR. What size is it and do you know how much it weighs? Also, what spring weight do you ride and how much do you weigh, if i may ask haha
thanks! the size is a Large... not sure on how much it weighs; interested to find out though, maybe i'll get back to ya on that... i have a 450# spring on the Vivid and I weigh 180#

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
thanks! the size is a Large... not sure on how much it weighs; interested to find out though, maybe i'll get back to ya on that... i have a 450# spring on the Vivid and I weigh 180#
I've got a large as well, I think mine is around 40 or 41. But dang you must be quick to be 180 on a 450 spring, or I'm slow, or both lol. I weigh 210 ready to ride and use a 450. Wonder if I should pick up a cheap 500lb spring to test

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I actually kind of like the contrast of the white forks on that orange. At the end of the day my ocd obsession with blacking things out may shortly cause me to get a divorce :rofl: It drives my wife nuts.
I'll help you out by changing all orders to something that would have fit in the early '90's. Anything neon