Quantcast

2015 Canfield Jedi or 2015 Trek Session 9.9 650b

0110-M-P

Monkey
Jun 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
6'3" with 34" pant inseam

Thought my large 2010 felt slightly small.
Then got a XL 2013 and felt it was slightly big.
Now I have the new large 2014 (sized half way between the 2013 L and XL) and feel it is perfect.

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
thanks guys. now im stuck between the 380 r2c2 and dvo emerald....ahhhh i hate decisions!!!
Marzocchi doesn't have a great track record of first year products. Very few bike companies in the industry do, but looking at the weight of the Devo, it seems like they went "rather safe then sorry" so that'd probably be the safer place to go.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
based on the interviews etc i've read on the DVO guys, they were focusing on damper quality and end user tunability much moreso than weight.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
thanks guys. now im stuck between the 380 r2c2 and dvo emerald....ahhhh i hate decisions!!!
New Marz look good. DVOs are good but porky. Lot of the DVO guys ride Jedis, not that that has much relevance sorry.
I'd base my decision on price if you're deciding between the two. I'd get 380s for lighter weight, but I'm not a big guy.
I did have some DVOs for a couple of weeks on loan, and they felt great from the get go.

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Marzocchi doesn't have a great track record of first year products. Very few bike companies in the industry do, but looking at the weight of the Devo, it seems like they went "rather safe then sorry" so that'd probably be the safer place to go.
While i DO NOT have any ride time on the new 380, a few guys that i have spoken with loved them. One even compared it to a BOS. I think KillingtonVT rode a 380 for a little bit, perhaps he will chime in on it

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
While i DO NOT have any ride time on the new 380, a few guys that i have spoken with loved them. One even compared it to a BOS. I think KillingtonVT rode a 380 for a little bit, perhaps he will chime in on it
Fair enough, and my recommendations on em are tainted after I, and so many buddies spent over a grand each on their products, only to have their resale value drop to ~150 dollars within 9 months, while simultaneously being sh1tty forks. Going to take a lot to recover from that before I'd ever willingly suggest somebody buy a first year marzo product (unless I thought they were a douchenozzle)

Last edited: