Quantcast

2013 GT Fury

v-10dh

Chimp
Mar 15, 2009
Specs for the GT Fury are out and it looks like they spec'd it with some high end parts this year. Full Saint, E-13 wheels, Fox 40 w/kashima, PRO Atherton parts, etc. Pricing is up too, though, at $8800.00 USD :eek:

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
To put this in perspective, this is still considerably cheaper than (unconfirmed?) pricing for the similarly spec'd carbon demo though, right?

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Spec for the World Cup (raw/white/yellow) is pretty much 95% what Gee, Marc, & Rachel are racing on any given weekend. FULL Saint (including brakes & hubs), Fox w/ Kashima, 2013 Pro cockpit, & Conti tires. The main differences are the rims. The team uses prototype stuff and we went w/ the new e.thirteen Scandium rims. Strong & dependable. 32H & tubelessable.

The Team model (raw/orange/white) features a more privateer spec; Fox w/o Kashima, e.thirteen crank, Formula RO brakes, Zee SL/RD.

-ska todd

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Todd - beautiful builds as always! I especially like the e.thirteen choices! The spec on the Team though it may be for privateers is STILL top notch. I might be getting my hands on the e.thirteen LG1 rims later this season to build up a tubeless wheel set, so it should be interesting. According to Charlie at e.thirteen, all you need is Stan's tape to cover the spoke holes and you are good to go.

Last edited:

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Spec for the World Cup (raw/white/yellow) is pretty much 95% what Gee, Marc, & Rachel are racing on any given weekend. FULL Saint (including brakes & hubs), Fox w/ Kashima, 2013 Pro cockpit, & Conti tires. The main differences are the rims. The team uses prototype stuff and we went w/ the new e.thirteen Scandium rims. Strong & dependable. 32H & tubelessable.

The Team model (raw/orange/white) features a more privateer spec; Fox w/o Kashima, e.thirteen crank, Formula RO brakes, Zee SL/RD.

-ska todd
just for curiosity's sake will the 2013 model get the geo tweaks the athertons use?
i seem to recall something about offset bushings + angleset and a special fox shock to slacken out the geo?

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
just for curiosity's sake will the 2013 model get the geo tweaks the athertons use?
i seem to recall something about offset bushings + angleset and a special fox shock to slacken out the geo?
Longer, lower, and slacker please!

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
This is the 3rd year for that frame. When it came out they said (and the scale agreed) it was overbuilt. By now they should have fine tuned and lightened it. The Syndicate has been riding lighter V10 front ends for a year now so I bet that frame will be lighter for its 3rd year.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Frame is using -1.5deg Angleset cups. No offset hardware as these are not a Fox authorized product.

-ska todd