Quantcast

2012 team rumour and speculation

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
That would be a bit awkward I think. He's one of the most successful riders out their and inspired a whole generation of riders to think outside the box.
Would be a bit strange not to see him on bike of the big boys...
But we know that CRC has got the money.

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
The man has a family to feed, and if anything, the recent big crashes warmed him up to the frailty of his humanity, and thus by extension, his career as a pro DHer. Using his superstar status to protect his future financially is very astute of Mr Hill.

That aside, he brought a lot to Spesh: that demo wouldnt be what it is without his inputs. Whose to say he cant do the same for the two wheeled billboard?

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
I have no doubt in my mind, that Hill is on the Nukeproof Pulse next year.
Unsure if he's on the CRC team though, or on a separate team, sponsored by CRC/NP

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
SC-Intense bolster their 2013 World Cup team with some fast, young Scottish talent. Lew Buchanan moves over from CRC and is joined by fellow Scot and 2012 Junior National Champ and ex-Zerode rider Joe Connell.

The team also includes two Swiss National Champions Miriam Ruchti and Lars Peyer and a promising young Junior, Joel Andrey.

Missing from the 2012 team are Florent Payet and Josh Button.

And are they all going to be riding 650b bikes? Ruchti and Peyer certainly are.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
I have no doubt in my mind, that Hill is on the Nukeproof Pulse next year.
Unsure if he's on the CRC team though, or on a separate team, sponsored by CRC/NP
So Specialized makes a factory team again and the Bulldog will ride for them?
I don't think he will go the TWR route, but who knows...

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
So Specialized makes a factory team again and the Bulldog will ride for them?
I don't think he will go the TWR route, but who knows...
The rumor of a specialized factory team is flying around since years.
However the madcatzracing programm, on which Sam Hill races on since years is one of the most professional teams on the circuit. So I highly doubt that Sam Hill moves away, but it could be that madcatzracing switches from speci to another frame suppllier........unlikely, but who knows....

The rumor of @teamrumors with a person with a cap in front of the CRC website could be a very fast girl from Europe

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
Yeah i dubt Sam would leave madcatz/monster energy, he has been with them for ages (maybe since going pro). A new frame supplier maybe but besides that it will most likely be Sam, Sean and Jacy, runing sram, tld etc. I also dubt the team would leave specialized or that specialized would want to drop them yet, since they have invested alot in the new Demo platform

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
Giant Factory Off-Road News: New to the DH squad this year is 22-year-old Marcelo Gutierrez Villegas, a four-time elite national champion in Colombia who finished 10th at the 2012 DH World Championships in Austria.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
but then what is the poseidon reference?
It's Whiteley as god holding the Trek logo, which coincidentally looks like poseidon and his trident. No one claims these are supposed to be historically, mythologically, or religiously accurate though.

Last edited:

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
That would be massive. Buying a rider out of his contract like in football would be the first time for Dh, right? Gwin for sure earns tons of money these days.

Optimax150

Monkey
Aug 1, 2008
Japan
I really don't think it would be in gwins character to split from trek to and go to specialized. It was posted he just signed a contract. I think maybe trek going with SRAM, or another member going to specialized.

dylan s

Chimp
Jan 16, 2010
Google search images for Specialized S gets you loads of responses. Not so much for Sram S.
I was just going on the fact that Gwin leaving trek is VERY unlikely to happen and specialized is not going to be interested in neko mulally if they have troy. Maybe its about how specialized is interested in one of whitleys 23 degrees riders, bulldog for example.

StyledAirtime

Monkey
May 24, 2006
NewZealand
George brannigan could be a good pick. And he's a good lad. Kinda quiet. Hence the halo.
One of the earlier pictures said he was up for grabs and looking. Just got 2nd at a World Cup.

Also lapierre are on SRAM rockshox for 2013.

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
with Sam's input expected to see changes on the Nukeproof dh bike.

Last edited: