Quantcast

2012 team rumour and speculation

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
This year with pictures!

What does it all mean and do the cartoons mean there are even more crazy ideas than usual floating around?

I'm definitely seeing that the Athertons could be heading to GT

Last edited:

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Hill goes his own way with his existing sponsors, no more 'team'. Kind of like Steve Peat back in the day.

Edit: Reference to that moto guy, whoever he is that did the same and started killing it again.
Chad Reed. Started his own team and whopped some factory ass.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
True, and he did a good job with the team. Let's not forget though, that despite what he and many others claimed, there was a whole ton of factory "works" support going into his bikes. Privateer title my ass.
Especially once he started winning and was in title contention.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
True, and he did a good job with the team. Let's not forget though, that despite what he and many others claimed, there was a whole ton of factory "works" support going into his bikes. Privateer title my ass.
Lets not forget the 1.5 million he got from BelRay...and he gave $500k of that to Hart and Huntington because without it, their team would have gone away.

Thats brotherhood.

Also...this (MTB) ain't motocross

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
Hill goes his own way with his existing sponsors, no more 'team'. Kind of like Steve Peat back in the day.

Edit: Reference to that moto guy, whoever he is that did the same and started killing it again.[/QUOTE

Was Sam on any other team than madcatz? Cannot See him Leaving this setup......

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
I agree cant see Hill move from Monster and Madcatz. To me he is monster madcatz. Hasnt he been with them all his carrer, atleast as an Elite?

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE

as much as i like the Gee and the rest of the family, i don't see them moving teams as something that's drastically going to change the podium landscape next season

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
no ****,how you expect to run a private team in the motorsport industry without support.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Dungey is moving to KTM and Bubba to Suzuki...

Also , GnR are reuniting and they will be doing a world tour in 2013

I just baught dungey oakleys <3 to bad usps wont update my tracking since 4 days ****ing failure postal compagny wtv they are going bankrupt sooner or latter

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
no ****,how you expect to run a private team in the motorsport industry without support.
Key word being "works". Go look up the privateer title race and figure it out for yourself.

Also, Reed has the $ to fund his own team with personal, non factory sponsors. He essentially did, and then everyone else on Honda went and got hurt and all of a sudden he has works parts again.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
If I had the budget to race the uci per example,I would be a privateer.

Rice,

Im off to the rippers with homies

special out,

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
EC is leaving GT after 14 years
After 14 years of riding for two of the CSG brands, GT Bicycles and Mongoose, the time has come for me to step away from my brand ambassador role with GT. For 2012 I will no longer be a part of the CSG/GT Bicycles family.

It has been an awesome run and I will miss being a part of the GT Bicycles family.

Over the last 14 years I was able to achieve numerous National, World Cup and World Championship goals with these two brands and without the support of GT and Mongoose, my teammates, mechanics and the team staff, I could have never realized my dreams and goals.

I will still be heavily involved in the MTB scene, working on a new project that I can formally announce at a later date...For now I just want to thank everyone at GT and Mongoose for all the support and wish all the GT team riders and staff good luck moving forward.
http://www.vitalmtb.com/news/news/Eric-Carter-Leaves-GT-CSG-after-14-years,365?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=spotlight

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
Lets not forget the 1.5 million he got from BelRay...and he gave $500k of that to Hart and Huntington because without it, their team would have gone away.

Thats brotherhood.

Also...this (MTB) ain't motocross
Why would H&H need that money when they signed a 5 year multi-million $$ deal with Dodge?

suffocating

Chimp
Jun 2, 2010
Why would H&H need that money when they signed a 5 year multi-million $$ deal with Dodge?
When you consider what it costs to run a "high end" team with 2-3 riders, mechanics, driver, manager and parts to basically have brand new bikes to race every weekend plus a tractor trailer going back and forth across the country it takes big money. That Dodge money probably just scratches the surface. I just read an article where Moto-Concepts Yamaha team only gets 10-15% in sponsorship money of the overall budget of the team. The rest of the money comes from the team owners pocket. Apparently a mx/sx team is a money hole even for the factory teams.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Thats a shame about EC. Seems like a class guy all around, and engages us forum idiots to boot. Can't say that for a lot of other riders. Its nice that he seems so down to earth.

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
When you consider what it costs to run a "high end" team with 2-3 riders, mechanics, driver, manager and parts to basically have brand new bikes to race every weekend plus a tractor trailer going back and forth across the country it takes big money. That Dodge money probably just scratches the surface. I just read an article where Moto-Concepts Yamaha team only gets 10-15% in sponsorship money of the overall budget of the team. The rest of the money comes from the team owners pocket. Apparently a mx/sx team is a money hole even for the factory teams.
Do you have that article link?

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
Thats a shame about EC. Seems like a class guy all around, and engages us forum idiots to boot. Can't say that for a lot of other riders. Its nice that he seems so down to earth.
It's all good...I will still be involved in the MTB scene, just with a different gig...it was a mutual decision between GT and myself... Just starting a new chapter...sad to see the end of the relationship with GT but Very excited to be doing my new gig...should have the info out in a couple weeks.

Speedgoat9

Monkey
Aug 27, 2009
State College, PA
Awesome to see you are still going to be involved, and I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say I can't wait to see what's next. Been following your career since I was 14 (almost 16 years now) and can say you are an amazing ambassador to the sport!

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
Awesome to see you are still going to be involved, and I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say I can't wait to see what's next. Been following your career since I was 14 (almost 16 years now) and can say you are an amazing ambassador to the sport!
QFT!!! EC is one of the best guys in the industry. Cant wait to see what you have going now.

Lions

Chimp
Sep 16, 2008
Big yellow land
Urban Meyer to Penn State? Wait, ****, wrong message board.