Quantcast

2012 canfield jedi

NWS

Chimp
Sep 19, 2010
For what it's worth, I'm 6'0" and I ride a large 2011 Jedi and it feels just right. Lance told me I was right on the edge between a medium and large, but I'm sure I would have felt cramped on a medium.

If you're worried that it might not be nimble enough, keep in mind that with an Angleset, you can subtract 1.5 degrees from the head tube angle. Personally I run mine slacked out 1.5 degrees (ends up around 63) and the only place where that's ever been an issue is on a log ride that has a right turn that I can't quite do anymore. I haven't had any trouble with singletrack switchbacks. The short chainstays might be a factor in that.

I can't compare it to any other FR/DH bikes though since it's my first.

supramk388

Chimp
Oct 20, 2010
Albuquerque
Anybody got the lowdown on differences between the 2011 and the 2012 Jedi's? I haven't found any info on that so i assume that the 2012 is just a new batch of frames?
From Chris Canfield 2/2/2012:

"Most of the frames are Black Anodized. Only a few of the silver came out-
7005 doesn't really love to be anodized and the polished sections of the silvers have a bit of foggy areas in them, So I ended up shooting a glitter clearcoat over the silver ano frames- (All 17 of them.) But the fogginess around the headtubes are still visible, but I kept them cause the polishing looks so dam good to turn down. We did have 7 Larges that ended up with just a semi-polished finish and clearcoat like last year.

We have a lot of fun link colors this round too.
Black
White
Red
Blue
Lime
Neon Orange
Neon Yellow- (only 5)
Pink- (only 4)

We are really excited for this frame this year.
I just got finished building them up over here in Taiwan. (Yes, I build them all-)
And they are pimp!!!
We opened up the shock clearance on the downtube- and except for the small size- you can now get the rear shock in the frame without pulling the upper link.
And we are back to the Laser etched logo's (on the black frames)- and colored sticker sheets for all the frames.
Also, a new added feature- I had Lance add a centering pin in the back of the upper pulley wheel plate to keep the pulley wheel aligned right.

Don't forget to consider a 9t micro drive hub for the frame too- You can get the custom MRP chainguide to match- which is lighter- and has a 10mm higher bumper- for more clearance over rocks when bottoming."

a few teaser pics...

PsyCro

Chimp
Apr 10, 2011
Nice, thanks for that. Always cool to see factory pics. How's Chris doing btw? Haven't read any recent info..

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I like it. Really need to convince someone here to buy one so I can get a test ride ;)

I second the Chris question. Hope he's better.

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
Nice, thanks for that. Always cool to see factory pics. How's Chris doing btw? Haven't read any recent info..
Last I talked with Chris he was doing well. This was close to 2 months ago but he was back on the bike (although keeping tires on the ground) and recovering well. Medical costs were still a concern but they are pushing forward. Just talked with Lance recently also and they are really excited about the 9t hubs as well as their new pedals. I like the little refinements the bike industry makes and it really is thanks to all the little guys out there with an idea and the ability to see it through. Keep em coming Canfield Bros and others like them out there.