Quantcast

2005 Fox Forx

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
Who knows when these will be available in the US? It looks like there are a lot of good changes for '05, so I'd like to figure out how long the wait will be.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
no 20mm vanilla for 2005

fox won't be my next fork unfortunatly. :rolleyes:

dlb

Monkey
Apr 15, 2004
socal
That bites, talk about falling behind the times, there next greatest trailbike fork is going to be a whole 130mm :rolleyes:

Looks like it will be a RS Pike for me next, unless the new 6" Marzocchi's will be several pounds lighter.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
dlb said:
That bites, talk about falling behind the times, there next greatest trailbike fork is going to be a whole 130mm :rolleyes:

Looks like it will be a RS Pike for me next, unless the new 6" Marzocchi's will be several pounds lighter.
well, i dont know about you but suspension performance is my #1 priority, weight might be 2 or 3....

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
everything that i have heard about the pike has been that it feels great and is real stiff

but then again everyone must be lying because rs could possibly make a fork that works well :rolleyes:

lanman

Monkey
Nov 2, 2001
Natick, MA
Manitou has the Nixon out...what type of bike are you riding? what type of riding are you doing? because the Pike and Nixon are very similar in intended use....hardcore XC use...other than that there is the Marz 66 which is 1 1/8

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
CreeP said:
let me reiterate Superdeft's qery: when are the freakin things going to available?!
2005 date on fork
2004 late fall release date
early 2005 second release with fixes :D

Just a guess though :D

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Ifelloffabike said:
everything that i have heard about the pike has been that it feels great and is real stiff

but then again everyone must be lying because rs could possibly make a fork that works well :rolleyes:
Remember though, Cock Shox got bought by SRAM, so expect to see some positive changes in the future.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I saw a stripped down Fox DH fork at Mt SNow yesterday, and now i get why they are so light....

There are sealed, nitrogen-charged cartrdiges in each leg, with springs that fit over the cartrdiges, and a tiny bit of oil for lube.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
I've heard that some already have the 2005 fox models, so i hope late fall isn't the scheduled date for the release of the 05 stuff.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I saw a 2005 Fox Factory DH Fork in Big Bear at the Nationals a month or so ago. I didn't realize what I saw (It said Factory on it so I thought it was a special construction for someone.)