Quantcast

2.5" vs. 2.5"

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I'm having a little chainguide clearance issue. Can someone tell me which is wider (when mounted on the same rim), Michelin 16 2.5" or Maxxis High Roller 2.5". I can't remember which one of thses companies tend to run small. Thanks.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Maxxis is way smaller!!! I just figured this out the hard way. I put a 2.5" High Roller on the rear of my Stinky and it looks like an XC tire(mounted to a 521)! I wish I had got the 2.7"...I have had the Michi and WTB Timber and others and all were larger than the Maxxis FWIW.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
punkassean said:
Maxxis is way smaller!!! I just figured this out the hard way. I put a 2.5" High Roller on the rear of my Stinky and it looks like an XC tire(mounted to a 521)! I wish I had got the 2.7"...I have had the Michi and WTB Timber and others and all were larger than the Maxxis FWIW.

Me too. I just got a 2.5 minion on the front and I think my xc bike has about the same size......2.1

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
maxxis tires look thin untill you ride them a little bit, the casing will relax a little and the tire will look wider with time. They do run smaller than the claimed size though.