Quantcast

170-180 travel slackish carbonz frames?

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
Hasn't one of the biggest complaints against the Capra been that there isn't an XL/big boy size?
Yes, which is why my first post said Hell yeah I'd get the Capra but the Lg is too small and XL might put me in the dreaded 2 Weeks scenario.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
It's the carbonz.
"rare earth carbon" at that!!! :rockout:
Rare Earth Carbon Fiber Processing
Ellsworth has spent years qualifying our carbon fiber manufacturing facility, material and technique. Our carbon material is certified and tracked from its creation and acquisition through the lay-up in our frame molds, preventing any substitution in material specification or deviation in production from the design specifications. Our state-of-the- art manufacturing facilities in both California and Taiwan exercise social responsibility and properly control the dissipation of carbon particulate in the finishing process through near net molding technique.
Plus, Big E is all about "material management" and "cycology"

Masters of the Craft
Purists will tell you the key to a great bicycle is the material from which it’s made: carbon, aluminum, titanium, steel, etc. At Ellsworth we believe it’s not the material that’s important, but what’s done with it. We call this concept Material Management. Whether hand-crafting our aluminum frames in San Diego or designing the latest carbon designs in Taiwan, we manage every material we use from its raw form to the finished product an Ellsworth Handcrafted Bicycle. By exploiting the materials unique strengths and eradicating its’ weaknesses, we use the ‘Science of Cycology’ to create and distribute the most technologically advanced bicycle frames on the planet.
And of course there's the ICT grandeur

Instant Center Tracking (ICT)
ICT-tuned four-bar linkage is quantifiably the most energy-efficient suspension design in the world, providing zero-energy loss in relation to suspension. By aligning the instant center on the chain torque line and continually tracking the chain torque throughout the range of travel, ICT is accomplished without the need for lock-out. This keeps the suspension fully active at all times, resulting in increased traction and control and reduced rider fatigue. ICT suspension is internationally acclaimed and continues to set the benchmark for suspension performance; paired with Pro-Pedal technology, it provides the best performing suspension in the industry.
Zero fucking energy loss!!!! Hellz yeah!

God damn, I love me some Ellsworth tech-fuck...

Last edited:

hombreduro

Chimp
Oct 12, 2014
Y'all crack me up! I read through these forums and I'm cracking up, show my wife. ..and she's like "your a total bike dork." Yea, good stuff here. I come here to get my comic relief. Love all the megashiz feedback too. I'm heading to Vegas this weekend to test one, tested an Intense t275 last week, very good bike, but I'm not totally sold on it. Hoping to check out the yt capra soon also, but I'm really liking everything about the megatrail. I guess I'll find out for sure this weekend. Anyways, just wanted to say I love the banter.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
"rare earth carbon" at that!!! :rockout:

Plus, Big E is all about "material management" and "cycology"

And of course there's the ICT grandeur

Zero fucking energy loss!!!! Hellz yeah!

God damn, I love me some Ellsworth tech-fuck...
Dude, gotta give TE credit for having zero shame and giant testicles. The only time I've seen nonsense of this caliber is in the Book of Mormon.