Quantcast

04 DHR + Hadley 15mm-20mm axle conversion= problems

Hrelp

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
I've noticed that the axle for the 15-20mm 135mm conversoin kit on the hadley doesn't exactly fit on the 04 Turner DHR. The bag the axle came in said it was made to fit an ellsworth dare. Just giving everyone a heads up even though the dimensions are identical on the frame the axle wont work on both. Has anyone else run into this problem? I'm curious what other solutoins you may of used aside from spacer/washers.

Hrelp

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
Here are a couple quick pictures of the difference. The top one (dirty) is the one that came from Turner 12-20mm axle the bottom one came from Hadley for the Dare 15-20mm axle both are supposed to be 135mm. As you can see the length of where they fit into the frame are not the same..

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Hrelp said:
Here are a couple quick pictures of the difference. The top one (dirty) is the one that came from Turner 12-20mm axle the bottom one came from Hadley for the Dare 15-20mm axle both are supposed to be 135mm. As you can see the length of where they fit into the frame are not the same..

the dares dropouts are prob thicker.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I don't know anything about your bike or that axle, but do the caps come off (the stepped part)? Would it be as simple as cutting the axle a little shorter?

Hrelp

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
Problem fixed Hadley makes an official Turner 15-20mm axle for their hubs. I just sent them back the dare one and they are sending me the proper axle :cool: