Quantcast

°^°Tuesday GMT^°^

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Mornin' monkeys,

Looking forward to my first full day of work since last Tuesday. My little one's been sick and my wife and I have been trading half days at the office. But her mom's coming to town this morning to stay for a couple of days. I welcome the break.

Time for coffee. Have a good one.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Try it now.

Welded up a bike rack for a friends new truck. He didn't bring any scrap to do some test runs so the first few welds were a bit ugly but in the end it all looked pretty damn good. More importantly alignment was spot on. It cost him about $40 for the steel and a few beers. Cost less than half of a single Thule round crossbar.

Got on the Moonlander and trundled over to talk to Warren Whitcomb, a retired farmer who's maybe 17 years older than I am - he tells me where the biggest old trees are, and where the people who were here first quarried quartzite with which to make tools, and where the vernal ponds are, and who named the town's roads, and where iron was made, and quite a few other things. After an hour or two of that, rode a nearby trail and stopped too many times to remove branches carried down by snow and wind - going by tracks, it does not naturally enter the mind of most trail users that they might remove such things.

Let's see, after lunch, maybe another ride.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Rain is back, it's a nice change. Had to order a mower blade online because it seems nobody caries the 19" blade for the sh!t electric mower my lady has. At least the rain gives me an excuse until the blade gets here.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
burnt the shit outta my tongue just now. dammit. :angry:

Going to Mammoth this weekend for skiing & beer drinking. cant. fkn. wait.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
After catching a bit of what my daughter had (ear infection) on Friday, it blew up this morning. My family medicine clinic had no appointments and the walk-in clinic at the grocery store was already overly stocked with people… so I called myself in a prescription for penicillin to Walgreen's.

Being sick is still the lose overall, as is sitting in a DMV, but in that one little battle I declare victory.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Try it now.

Welded up a bike rack for a friends new truck. He didn't bring any scrap to do some test runs so the first few welds were a bit ugly but in the end it all looked pretty damn good. More importantly alignment was spot on. It cost him about $40 for the steel and a few beers. Cost less than half of a single Thule round crossbar.
:picsstfu:

This week hasn't been too bad, other than the wife being sick. Going to look at a Volvo V70 tonight to replace the wife's circus midget car.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:picsstfu:

This week hasn't been too bad, other than the wife being sick. Going to look at a Volvo V70 tonight to replace the wife's circus midget car.
Was working late and didn't have time to take pictures. Bromey is going to take some shots when he gets it painted and mounted.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
After an hour or two of that, rode a nearby trail and stopped too many times to remove branches carried down by snow and wind - going by tracks, it does not naturally enter the mind of most trail users that they might remove such things.
/QUOTE]

So true. I like to call it Mobile Trail Maintenance (MTM). Sometimes I can just kick sticks off the trail as I pass them, sometimes I have to break out the folding saw. I don't mind stopping to play pick up sticks.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A friend of mine cleans his family trail system with little more than flicks of the front wheel. May not sound too impressive but it is done at a speed of which most riders are just trying not to die. I have tried to reproduce the feat but gave up on the fear of making a taco out of my front wheel.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
A friend of mine cleans his family trail system with little more than flicks of the front wheel. May not sound too impressive but it is done at a speed of which most riders are just trying not to die. I have tried to reproduce the feat but gave up on the fear of making a taco out of my front wheel.

Wow, front wheel flick at speed is way harder than rear wheel.