Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdiddy View Post
    the 823's are very stiff. Not sure how that compares to the Deemax. I went 3 years without a flat running tubeless, then ripped a big chunk out of the tire and had to run a tube. I then flatted 8 times in the next 3 weeks on a number of different tires. Setup tubeless again, and no flats for another year and a half. I'm convinced that the 823's don't give, so it becomes pinch flat city with tubes in.
    You know I never really gave it much thought, but the same exact thing happened to me. The only time I flat on the 823's is when I tear the side wall (happened 2 times in 5 years). I run tubes for a bit... flat like f'n crazy... Go back to a new tire and tubeless, golden.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by fred.r View Post
    You know I never really gave it much thought, but the same exact thing happened to me. The only time I flat on the 823's is when I tear the side wall (happened 2 times in 5 years). I run tubes for a bit... flat like f'n crazy... Go back to a new tire and tubeless, golden.
    If you run a tube, run a 729. The wider profile and rim shape minimized pinched tubes. The 729 rim or 321 for us old timers; was the original Deemax rim before there was a tubeless option.

Quote Originally Posted by daisycutter View Post
    If you run a tube, run a 729. The wider profile and rim shape minimized pinched tubes. The 729 rim or 321 for us old timers; was the original Deemax rim before there was a tubeless option.
    I thought they used 721/521s for deemaxs originally. Or at least some pros ran them painted yellow as DeeMaxs.