Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Turbo Monkey
    I need more of these green square things^^
    It's actually gonna be a movie."Cycle of Lies"-JJ Abrams.Whoever that is.

Yippee
    **Go ahead and assume that most of what I post is intended as sarcasm,comedy,satirical in intent and most likely nonsense. Presume that we are best friends and I love you like a brother.**

Quote Originally Posted by jonKranked View Post
    No, what really makes it ugly is how many riders were forced out of competition (and thus their cycling careers) because they refused to dope.
    Not just riders had their careers ended by Lance.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-s...itter-Anderson

Monkey business........

Quote Originally Posted by Goose76 View Post
    The lifetime ban should still stand IMO.
    Agreed. That should go for everyone, too.

It'd be like me cheating on a final exam at college and then getting caught. At my school they won't even question you if they have the proof. You are immediately booted out the front door and asked to never return.

Sure, you can cheat and then feel sorry and/or bad about it after. But you still cheated. Nothing will change that and you should have to live with that.

I've been hearing rumors of a few organised protests against USAC/UCI at cyclo-cross worlds in Louisville Kentucky next weekend.
    If I hear any more about that stuff I'll be sure to share it.
    Louisville has a pretty killer skatepark...

Grasshopper
    Quote Originally Posted by canadmos View Post
    Agreed. That should go for everyone, too.

It'd be like me cheating on a final exam at college and then getting caught. At my school they won't even question you if they have the proof. You are immediately booted out the front door and asked to never return.

Sure, you can cheat and then feel sorry and/or bad about it after. But you still cheated. Nothing will change that and you should have to live with that.
    I've wondered for some time whether the penalty for doping should be an automatic lifetime ban. I know it sounds harsh but it may make people think twice before cheating. Once the first couple of people are banned for life it might make the rest wake up.

Turbo Monkey
    I need more of these green square things^^
    Quote Originally Posted by SuspectDevice View Post
    I've been hearing rumors of a few organised protests against USAC/UCI at cyclo-cross worlds in Louisville Kentucky next weekend.
    If I hear any more about that stuff I'll be sure to share it.
    Louisville has a pretty killer skatepark...
    What specifically is the protest about?Or just a general hate uci protest?
    **Go ahead and assume that most of what I post is intended as sarcasm,comedy,satirical in intent and most likely nonsense. Presume that we are best friends and I love you like a brother.**

Grasshopper
    If it's a hate protest Westboro Baptist Church should headline it.

Monkey
    The right thing would be for him to cooperate with USADA and give all the information he has. The lifetime ban should still stand IMO.
    What exactly is his motivation to come clean if the ban is still going to stand? That's right up there with a previous boss asking us to triple our productivity with no raises or bonuses in the past 3 years. Yeah, sure, I'll get right on that...

Grasshopper
    Quote Originally Posted by sbabuser View Post
    What exactly is his motivation to come clean if the ban is still going to stand? That's right up there with a previous boss asking us to triple our productivity with no raises or bonuses in the past 3 years. Yeah, sure, I'll get right on that...
    That's why I stated 'the right thing to do', ie if he had a conscience which he doesn't so he won't. He had a deal on the table and turned it down which would have only been a two year ban. He stated in part 2 he thinks he deserves to complete again, how delusional can someone be. The lifetime ban is the penalty that will hurt him the most and the most just given what has been done.

Monkey
    That's why I stated 'the right thing to do', ie if he had a conscience which he doesn't so he won't. He had a deal on the table and turned it down which would have only been a two year ban. He stated in part 2 he thinks he deserves to complete again, how delusional can someone be. The lifetime ban is the penalty that will hurt him the most and the most just given what has been done.
    I'm still not sure why the better cheater = worse person. They all cheated, and there aren't rules to govern different levels of cheating, so not sure why there should be different punishments.

Grasshopper
    Quote Originally Posted by sbabuser View Post
    I'm still not sure why the better cheater = worse person. They all cheated, and there aren't rules to govern different levels of cheating, so not sure why there should be different punishments.
    From what I understand the other riders were given a two year ban and it was be reduced to 25% ie six months given discretion/co-operation, this appears to have been met. LA had a two year deal with no reduction however that was turned down. I can only assume USADA wouldn't discount given the level of evidence given by 11 former team mates and 15 other witnesses which placed him as the ring leader. It was placed in the worst of the worse category. Based on this I'm fine with differing penalties.