Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Santacruz v10c and vivid air problem

[B][/Hi, i have a large V10c with a vivid air shock, the problem is that when i start setting it up i realize that the rock shox pump doesn't fit the air valve because the space betwen the valve and the piggy back reservoir is too tight for the air pump to fit, so i ended up dismounting the shock from the frame upper, rotating the body and pumping some air in it. Got to be an easier way to do it on the fly!!!!! please any help?

2. Advertisement - Log in or Register to hide this ad
    Northern VA, where mod/liberals still love their guns
    Quote Originally Posted by SCGUY View Post
    [B][/Hi, i have a large V10c with a vivid air shock, the problem is that when i start setting it up i realize that the rock shox pump doesn't fit the air valve because the space betwen the valve and the piggy back reservoir is too tight for the air pump to fit, so i ended up dismounting the shock from the frame upper, rotating the body and pumping some air in it. Got to be an easier way to do it on the fly!!!!! please any help?
    i, too, have a large V10c with vivid air. provided your schrader valve is orientated in the correct location, access is tight but not impossible. just make sure your fill nozzle is of the lower profile type. i just use the included Rockshox shock pump. its alittle slow going screwing on the nozzle, but it works fine.
    Rides:
    SantaCruz Bronson Carbon | SantaCruz V10 Carbon | KTM 200 XC-W | Specialized P.3

Sponsored by:
    Me

Grasshopper
    I screw it on until it gets hard to screw on, then I spin the hose/pump and it does the rest for me.

Chimp
    I had a Vivid Air on my Canfield Jedi with the same issue, from what I gather you can loosen the eyelet using a pin spanner and rotate it to fit frames with horizontal shock mounts like the 2011 Demo. However some shocks come with the eyelet aligned incorrectly, and don't allow you to attach a shock pump. I took mine to my lbs and they had it sent it back to SRAM, I ended up with a new one that the pump fit on perfectly.

Yesterday i try again to make it fit but can't, i have to partially dismount the shock and rotate the can to screw the pump, what comes to my mind is that the guys at Santa Cruz have to check those things out before shipping the bikes, my V10 is one of the 100 "specials" Syndicate replicas so i think better care should be taken when sending the bikes to dealers, those are the little things that make a diference between brands in customer satisfaction

Boo ****ing hoo.

you want manufacturers to try every shock on the market to make sure that you can fit a pump??
    www.RyanCathrall.com
    Action Sports Photographer
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rufus...04480642897968
    Quote Originally Posted by schwaaa31 View Post
    He makes stickers, making him an industry insider. Whatever he says is the truth.

Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by RUFUS View Post
    Boo ****ing hoo.

you want manufacturers to try every shock on the market to make sure that you can fit a pump??
    It would at least be nice if they checked with the shocks they spec the bikes/framesets with...

Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by RUFUS View Post
    Boo ****ing hoo.

Um, yes. Isn't that pretty obvious? It's a little thing called component compatibility. There are not that many shocks out there.

Don't be butt hurt just because he has a nicer ride than you!

Quote Originally Posted by wood booger View Post
    Um, yes. Isn't that pretty obvious? It's a little thing called component compatibility. There are not that many shocks out there.

Don't be butt hurt just because he has a nicer ride than you!

I have no problems getting air into the Vivid Air on my large V10c. This is not about product compatibility and you are too quick on the trigger in blaming SCB.
    Blatantly biased in favor of Santa Cruz Bikes, Enve Composites, E.13, and The Hive. Just sayin'.

given that there are lots, and lots, and lots of people with carbon v10's and vivid airs, I'd say its user mistake.

Also, plenty of frames will fit a shock, but adjustment is difficult. Its the nature of the leverage ratio the mfg is going for. sometimes you don't get easy access to the adjustments.
    I like to ride bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by William42 View Post
    given that there are lots, and lots, and lots of people with carbon v10's and vivid airs, I'd say its user mistake. .
    and we have a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by William42 View Post
    given that there are lots, and lots, and lots of people with carbon v10's and vivid airs, I'd say its user mistake.

Also, plenty of frames will fit a shock, but adjustment is difficult. Its the nature of the leverage ratio the mfg is going for. sometimes you don't get easy access to the adjustments.
    Well, to bad you can't teach me how to use my pump cause i really need it, all i can say is that i'm pretty good with my hands (as a matter of fact i do my living because of that hability, orthopedic surgeon) and the way i see it there's no way to make it fit (that i know), but of course got to be my bad not the brand who sold me a very expensive state of the art, 100 only bike to check that i can pump air in the bike's shock without taking it apart, anyway any positive sugestion is well taken.

And the post is not about ripping SCB guts out, i'm the first one to say that they make the best bikes i have ever riden but also is the first time i have that kind of problem with any of my bikes current or previous and until now there's nothing but good things i can say about SCB. Still, the problem is there

Monkey
    Your lbs should be able to adjust the valve position or you could do it your self. You only need a 2.2mm pin spanner.

I have a xl and dont have a problem fitting my rs shock pump. Is the valve on the same side as the end stroke rebound, just clearing the resevoir? That is the default position that it should come in.