Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm in love with the tire setup that came on my Stumpy Evo. 2.3" Butcher Control front tire (730g) and 2.2" Purgatory Control rear tire (670g). It feels as if I'm on a DH tire setup.

On my rocky mountain element 50 I have a maxxis aspen up front and a maxxis crossmark on the back both 2.25 I have no complaints

Quote Originally Posted by Inclag View Post
    I'm in love with the tire setup that came on my Stumpy Evo. 2.3" Butcher Control front tire (730g) and 2.2" Purgatory Control rear tire (670g). It feels as if I'm on a DH tire setup.
    I just took another look at the Butcher Control and saw its ramped center nobs and it got even more interesting. Your whole setup is! The Purgatory looks like perfect as a rear.

Quote Originally Posted by cecil View Post
    On my rocky mountain element 50 I have a maxxis aspen up front and a maxxis crossmark on the back both 2.25 I have no complaints
    Light stuff! I run something similar but heavier right now; a 2.35 Maxxis Blingbling 60a front and a 2.35 Larsen TT rear. They work amazingly well right now in the damp dirt, but in the forrest with a lot of stuff covering the ground the skid on top of that.

Although the Crossmark looks like a good crossover between the Blingbling and the Larsen!

Cheers for the help so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael Correa
    If there's no problem having foreign soldiers on a country's soil, surely they'll let us have an Ecuadoran base in the United States

Use to race XC on Continental tires, the Cross country and comp 2.1 or something to that effect. After going away, and coming back, I ran a ton of Specialized tires with good success, and great tread life. Lots of options and good price point going in that direction.