Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Grasshopper
    I carry a Glock 26 (baby Glock) when ever I leave the house. (9mm) it's the size of my hand! I ride mountain bike with it tucked in waistband with in pant's holster! Give it a try at your local gunshop who handles Glock and see what she think's! Goodluck and look up concealed carry web site for more idea's!

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail! IH8Rice's Avatar
    we got this thing for her to practice with and to maybe keep. P22 w/ 5" barrel and i have the 4" barrel conversion too.
    we're going to shoot it tonight but i can already tell how terrible the DA feel is.
    Originally Posted by Sandwich
    i schralped bus stop with a rear flat faster than jonkranked does it on his pretty expresso

:)
    Great getting the 22! Over time with practice, she should be able to handle most any caliber. If she liked the .38, you could look at something like a Ruger SP 101. Being all steel, it will tame the recoil a lot over the lightweight Smith. Also, try loading up some 147 grain 9mm. They shoot a lot softer than the 115/124 grain bullets and would be a good way to get her comfortable with the 9.
    A bunch of us around here use and awesome clay's recipe. Let me know and I can pm it to you.

And any gun which she will get lots of range time is a good thing, and nothing as easy and cheap to fire than a 22.
    Le Tour is Le Tour.

I'm late to this party, but I've been looking at either a Sig P225/P6 as our CCW. We've got a P226 as our home defense gun, and I wanted something that had the same controls for less confusion.

I've eyed those Walther 22's for a while, would be a nice gun to get the kids aclimated. I'm with you on the DAO feel, I'm not a fan.
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
    - Leonardo Da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by DirtMcGirk View Post
    4" 1911. I advise a Sig.
    2 barrels better than one....

The voice of reason binary visions's Avatar
    You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

Threads | Evil Sovereign | Costa Rica | Galapagos | Peru |

damn. firing a .45 in that tiny/light thing must be pretty crazy. its also pretty pricey.

i heard good things about the Taurus PT638 and hope the gun shop/range a hour away has one to try. apparently its a fairly easy shootin .380

i schralped bus stop with a rear flat faster than jonkranked does it on his pretty expresso

Sig P238 is a nice small .380 that shoots very nicely. It's not cheap. Mine has been almost flawless and is one of the best shooting handguns I own. The only flaw it has is that it hates cheap Russian steel cased stuff. Give one a whirl and I think you'll be pleased.

BTW, it's single action only. It's basically Sig's version of the Colt Mustang. You can carry empty chamber or cocked and locked. Just like a 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by IH8Rice View Post
    damn. firing a .45 in that tiny/light thing must be pretty crazy. its also pretty pricey.

i heard good things about the Taurus PT638 and hope the gun shop/range a hour away has one to try. apparently its a fairly easy shootin .380

I have been thinking about a P238.

Something about it appeals to me more than the LCP or Kel-Tec.
    Le Tour is Le Tour.

the P238 is purty and im sure it shoots great but its about twice as much as we are looking to spend.

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey jimmydean's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraNoob View Post

My ex was looking at those for a CC piece. They are damn nice. The integrated red dot is a nice touch, too.

<edit> It's hard to tell in that pic, but it's thinner than the wallet I carry. I slid it into my back pocket and it was perfect.
    Last edited by jimmydean; 05-31-2012 at 10:02 AM.
    RIP DMG.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtMcGirk
    Call me when you need a lawyer. I have a friend who is really bad.

we've been shooting our P22 as much as we can and until she gets comfortable with a .22lr, i wont be dropping coin on anything else. shes been getting pretty good but if we go too long in b/w range time, she loses all she learned from the last time

so we checked that Bodyguard .380 out and it feels great. we're hoping to go shoot one this weekend as well as looking at a sub-compact 9mm for her. the construction of the Bodyguard is far better then any other "pocket pistol" we saw with the Sig P238 maybe being the only exception (though its almost $220 more and without a laser)

shes been getting pretty good at shooting my full size 9mm, so we might have a look at a few sub-compact 9's.

Northern VA, where mod/liberals still love their guns
    check out the M&P Shield....super slim, it's a single stack 9mm subcompact
    Rides:
    SantaCruz Bronson Carbon | SantaCruz V10 Carbon | KTM 200 XC-W | Specialized P.3

Sponsored by:
    Me