Page 100 of 132 FirstFirst ... 909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1972

Thread: Evil Undead

Turbo Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8Rice View Post
    id be interested to find out how the CCDB's are working on the bike. i found on my Revolt that it blew through its travel a bit too easily for my liking without having to really get into the HSC (which i didnt want to do.) if they didnt change much on the system design, then id assume thatd still be the case.
    In my experience with the CCDB on other bikes (in coil guise, the airs have a lot more stiction) you need to crank the HSC a bit to get a decent amount of compression support out of them. Without a reasonable amount of HS preload on the valve, the LSC will open up too easily when you actually need the support. I think ideally you would have the option of changing the spring rate of the HS poppet valves depending on rider weight / skill level and leverage curve of the bike, otherwise there's potential for compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Udi View Post
    In my experience with the CCDB on other bikes (in coil guise, the airs have a lot more stiction) you need to crank the HSC a bit to get a decent amount of compression support out of them. Without a reasonable amount of HS preload on the valve, the LSC will open up too easily when you actually need the support. I think ideally you would have the option of changing the spring rate of the HS poppet valves depending on rider weight / skill level and leverage curve of the bike, otherwise there's potential for compromise.
    The frame was designed around the RC4 and is the recommended shock. I'd still be interested to hear more about the CCDB on these bikes but from what I have been told the CCDB is over-damped for this bike and it will loose pedal/tire "feel" and leave the rider with a "numb" or "couch-like" feeling bike.
    Last edited by fred.r; 01-16-2013 at 08:04 PM.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Grasshopper
    Hello, I ride turner dhr dw about 2 year and i like it but now I want to buy new frame i look evil undead . How do you different feeling of dhr and undead .do you think it has better than dhr. Please help .
    Thank you very much monkey rider
    Ps. Sorry for my English .

Turbo Monkey
    Is anyone running an 11-23 cassette on their Undead?

I ran one, wait maybe it was 11-25.
    My Sofa pulls out, but I don't.

So I've dumped a bunch of weight getting ready for next years race season (25lbs). I'm down to around 145lbs.

I'm thinking of dropping my spring rate to 300# or dumping the boost valve pressure from 150psi to 135psi. What are you light guys running for spring rates?

I'm heading out to the west coast in a few weeks so I'll give both a options a go and try out both the Vivid and RC4. I'd rather run the Vivid just so I don't have to mess with air pressures.

Quote Originally Posted by puppy View Post
    Hello, I ride turner dhr dw about 2 year and i like it but now I want to buy new frame i look evil undead . How do you different feeling of dhr and undead .do you think it has better than dhr. Please help .
    Thank you very much monkey rider
    Ps. Sorry for my English .
    I have owned both and they're both awesome bikes. The Undead feels more nimble than the DHR to me; they both carry speed and pedal well. Braking on the DHR is a little more neutral than the Undead. Little things like the fender and bump stops are nice as well.

Grasshopper
    Quote Originally Posted by Raingauge View Post
    I have owned both and they're both awesome bikes. The Undead feels more nimble than the DHR to me; they both carry speed and pedal well. Braking on the DHR is a little more neutral than the Undead. Little things like the fender and bump stops are nice as well.
    Thank you very much . Now I buy undead.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Grasshopper
    Hello, the evil undead fan . My weight is 160 lb I will use CCdB , Can I use 350# spring rate for CCDB ( sag ~30%)
    And for undead I hear about broken in prototype frame So anyone have experience for broken undead ( production frame ) .
    Ps. Sorry for my eng.

Turbo Monkey
    I think the 350 will be a good place to start, however you may want to also try a slightly firmer rate on that shock, say 375-400, especially if your weight is without gear. If you are 160lb without gear, the bike may ride too deep in the travel with a 350 on a CCDB.

The production frames are different to the prototype frames in that they have an alloy skeleton near the front of the swingarm for reinforcement, so they should be much stronger. I personally saw about 6 of the frames being ridden in Whistler last season, and no one I asked had any failures.

I ran a 350# on my RC4 when I was 165-170lbs. It worked pretty good.

Turbo Monkey
    That bike display

Would be even awesomer if the shipping box was a coffin
    Last edited by Mo(n)arch; 01-31-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Really tempted by one of these, even though Ive just built up a new bike.
    I'm 5.9" - I guess that puts me in the "M" frame category? (I tend to prefer my bikes a bit bigger than cramped)

Turbo Monkey
    5'9 puts you on a medium, however I wouldn't class it as a particularly 'large' medium so I'd suggest trying one before purchase if possible. Otherwise, check the sizing chart (particularly reach, stack, and WB values) published in pinkbike's undead article and compare them to whatever you are currently riding - the measurements are fairly accurate and useful in gauging sizing if you don't have the access to test one.