Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Grasshopper
    I am going to put in an order for a 22" custom from standard. Think I might use the same geo as the one in earlier posts.(21tt,74.5 ht,14in rear,12.5 bb) I am only 5'6, anything bigger is silly. I see the biggest frustration is wheel/tire choice. I am having trouble tracking down a pair of Velocity Taipans as well.... I've found some decent looking tires, http://www.bikemania.biz/ProductDeta...nnova_2505_BMX On Innova's website they have a few other 22" tires to check out. Supposedly kenda and Schwalbe also have 22 tires according to http://www.factionbikeco.com/contact.htm (top right side)

the next batch of InDust 2Ton 22"s are almost ready !!!

Last edited by cmc; 04-23-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings pnj's Avatar
    1/2 inch drop outs? !!??! why do they look so thick?

Quote Originally Posted by pnj View Post
    ... 1/2" is really thick! Might be a bit overkill for steel, but it certainly won't break on you.

Chimp
    Check this out http://www.factionbikeco.com/ Faction's new website.

Finaly looks like it's happening

Grasshopper
    right guys, if anyone is interested im selling my amero prototype frame and forks with faction zeitgeist wheels and tires, with bb as well.

ive only had it for a short time and barely used it but for reasons now im basically not going to be riding for pretty much the rest of the year.

its a rad set up and does ride a treat. message me if your interested guys, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pnj View Post
    heh, yeah i don't know man, we'll see !!

just as a little experiment, I got my S&M 22" fork, and while waiting for my InDust 22" frame decided to see what a WTP Avenger 24" would look like with a 22" fork and 22" wheels. the Avenger has 1st gen Sunday Model C geo (21.25"tt, 13.75"bb). well, it dropped the bb to what looks like a pretty normal/good height and the head angle didn't steepen as much I thought it would. looks like a highly rideable setup. except you're not getting the benefit of a back end designed around a 22" wheel and the brakes won't line up.

Grasshopper
    Here's a mid school Holmes--disregard the Dirtbike stickers--that I had the brake bridge and chainstay bracket moved in order to run as a 22". The forks are custom Pitchforks and the wheels are the Velocity Taipans. With 22" specific forks on a 20" frame, the bottom Bracket height measures a little under 13" with the 22" wheels in place. The chainstay length with the wheel in its current position is 15", a little longer than desired, but not too bad. I never could manual anyway, so that's not a big deal. All-in-all it's a fun bike to ride and it satisfies the 22" craving before my custom Standard frame is completed.

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/z...DSC00085-2.jpg
    http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/z...DSC00079-1.jpg
    http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/z...DSC00080-3.jpg
    Last edited by teachbmxcharlie; 04-13-2012 at 07:53 PM. Reason: add text

Chimp
    The Faction guys have said they should be ready to sell mid june. Anyone got any news of the S & M 22. I can't find any refrences to it apart from rumours on forums. Is it for real?

Quote Originally Posted by teachbmxcharlie View Post
    Here's a mid school Holmes--disregard the Dirtbike stickers--that I had the brake bridge and chainstay bracket moved in order to run as a 22". The forks are custom Pitchforks and the wheels are the Velocity Taipans. With 22" specific forks on a 20" frame, the bottom Bracket height measures a little under 13" with the 22" wheels in place. The chainstay length with the wheel in its current position is 15", a little longer than desired, but not too bad. I never could manual anyway, so that's not a big deal. All-in-all it's a fun bike to ride and it satisfies the 22" craving before my custom Standard frame is completed.

Looks pretty sweet!
    Eugene Freeriders

My Vimeo Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by buckoW View Post
    haha, come ride it with me then. There is plenty for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtricks View Post
    The Faction guys have said they should be ready to sell mid june. Anyone got any news of the S & M 22. I can't find any refrences to it apart from rumours on forums. Is it for real?
    The prototype is sitting in my basement.... I'd say it's real. When S&M will be putting it into production, I have no clue...

Chimp
    Yeah. It's the production part being real that interests me.

It seems as though the Amero is going to have forks for 10 (3/8ths) axel slot. So won't fit with the Zeitgeist wheels.
    I was looking at some of those prototype frames. Can I use the Zeitgeist fork with a frame that is machined for intergrated headset?, rather than grinding anything down or changing hubs.
    I know I could buy a whole new set up but just a new geo frame would suit me for now.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtricks View Post
    Can I use the Zeitgeist fork with a frame that is machined for .....
    Yes. You just use an integrated headset and it has a different lower bearing race.

There are some forks out there that you can only use with a new school (integrated) frame because they integrated the bearing race onto the fork...

the latest InDust 22" (one of 3 made in this run) . . . .

* All SuperTherm. 5 lbs. 0.6 ounces.
    * 21.75"tt, 14"cs (to center of 14mm axle slammed), 12 1/8" bb height
    * Front Eclat hub & Velocity rim.
    * rear Faction Zeitgeist stock wheel
    * Profile 180mm's raw, S&M 28t spline drive sprocket
    * S&M top loader stem, S&M Grand Slam XLT bars
    * S&M custom 22" fork

Starting the gripless trend?

How's it ride?