Thread: upper hellyawn

upper hellyawn

is upper hellion open yet?

2. Advertisement - Log in or Register to hide this ad
    Grasshopper
    YES opens today

Chimp
    Rode it this past saturday. Its gonna be a great trail but was a muddy swamp this weekend. Next season it will definitely be legit though.

Cool. I'm glad I didn't head up there then. Maybe this weekend if time allows.

Chimp
    Im trying to get up there this weekend too for a couple hour in the foam pit. I didnt get a chance to check it out last time I was there. It might be tough with halloween plans and everything though

anyone have any intel on what trails, dirt jump lines, etc... will be open this coming weekend (nov 5th - 7th)? we are coming from the DC area and it's a long trip and we might divert a day of riding to hit up something along the way if some of our favorite trails/lines aren't open.

EVERYTHING was open last weekend, even upper hellion. It was sticky as hell (read mud) but this late in the season, they don't care. The only thing not open was the DS course, which I think was because there was a late-day race, and maiden voyage, which was the worst trail on the hill and is now intersected by upper helldawg.

I can't forsee them closing anything for next weekend.

Chimp
    Yeah upper hellion was still a bit muddy, but it wasnt as bad as last weekend. I was still riding that trail from the top most of the day. I dont see it being much different this weekend, it ooks like rain thursday and friday so if you have the option go sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Easy* View Post
    Yeah upper hellion was still a bit muddy, but it wasnt as bad as last weekend. I was still riding that trail from the top most of the day. I dont see it being much different this weekend, it ooks like rain thursday and friday so if you have the option go sunday
    I think I still like happy hour to hellion until the upper part dries out, but it'll be fun as hell when it does. I must say, happy hour is quickly becoming my favorite trail there...

Chimp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
    I think I still like happy hour to hellion until the upper part dries out, but it'll be fun as hell when it does. I must say, happy hour is quickly becoming my favorite trail there...
    I really like the smoothness and tight berms in happy hour, but the jumps and drops on hellion are sick. Its also cool because it takes a pretty dialed line to take advantage of all the trail has to offer.

Any idea if the mountain wil be open tomorrow with the forecast of 1-2 inches overnight? We are planning to leave the DC area around 6ish to arrive in the middle of the night to set up camp and ride for 3 days before heading back. I'd hate to get there and not have the resort open due to excessive rain.