Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: whey protein?

Grasshopper
    I used to take all the creatine and protein drinks because like most young cats I wanted to GET HUGE! Aside from the stomach aches the other problem I ran into was as I got stronger I was injured more often. My own opinion is my muscle strength had surpassed that of my joints and ligaments. As I've grown wiser and tired of injuries I've started doing Crossfit-type workouts that focus on functional strength rather than beach muscle (which translates well to mountain biking). Along with that I get my nutrients just by paying attention to my diet. After all whey protein comes from milk, so why not just drink a glass of milk after you work out? I feel better now at 30 than I did at 25 and am by far the strongest I have ever been on a pound for pound basis. Also, remember your body can only digest and absorb so much protein, amino acids, and all the other crap in your drink at one time, so a lot of what your paying top dollar for you crap out.
    Last edited by tobes27; 12-30-2010 at 07:59 PM.

Turbo Monkey
    CareOne makes some decent stuff what I have is geared more towards energy and lean muscle then beefcaking.

Low carb and fat. The rest are not as important. I'd suggest for taste vanilla. From all I've tried across different brands it's the easiest to stomach. Olimp labs pure whey has been good to me. Not sure about the availability on the us market.
    Quote Originally Posted by ska todd View Post
    Bacon is a universal. Like duct tape, zip ties, or a bigger hammer it can fix anything!

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation skibunny24's Avatar
    I've used several different products while I've been weight training, and I look for 100% whey isolate with the least ingredients and carbs. We just went to Costco and got Cytosport because it's pretty cheap. It tastes pretty good, and I like making up recipes with it. I'll list ya a couple below. I always mix with Almond Milk, btw. The unsweetened because it has 35 calories per serving and tastes delicious

Chocolate Peanut Butter:
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 TB Adam's (creamy, unsalted) Peanut Butter
    1/2 cup almond milk
    5 ice cubes

Mock Mango Lhassi:
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 mango
    2 oz plain greek yogurt
    1/2 cup almond milk
    7 ice cubes

Strawberry Kale Smoothie:
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    5-7 strawberries
    1/2 banana
    a bunch of kale (you don't taste it much)
    1/2 cup almond milk
    7 ice cubes

anyway... I like to tinker.. So enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkshirtphotos View Post
    Doesn't matter what noise she makes because her eyes are hazel and her skin glows like morning sky. If you haven't already noticed that goes well with the kick dirt in the air grimace expression.

Damn I hate all this stuff, what's wrong with fruit veggies and meat?