Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 606869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1185

Thread: What is Trails?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    Trails is trips like this! I also make my glorious video debut at 12:07, notably similar to my glorious bmx magazine debut in spring of '11 in that it involves me, a shovel, and thats about it .
    Great vid! That is trails right there - either driving to some place and riding with locals or having some heads drop in to your spot.

Trails look real good Mutt. Glad to see those guys helping out with the shovel and broom.

Only thing I think trail visitors should add is get a clip of the locals and put them in the vid too (that is if they want it).

Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by don View Post
    Only thing I think trail visitors should add is get a clip of the locals and put them in the vid too (that is if they want it).
    Yeah, I'm with you Don, I think its critical to throw in locals and their names (I mean geez, look at me, psyched to be shown resurfacing a pit), but in this case I don't have any problems with how it all went down. And to the Sunday crew, this is their livelihood, they need to push out awareness of their brand and crew and that is, and should be, their priority. Plus our local crew turnout wasn't so strong owing to the weather and timing.

The weather was ****e, big surprise for 2011, and there was a small window of time on one or two weekdays where things were actually rideable. And their crew was good people and respectful of the trails (eg. check Aaron fixing his back hacks around 14:40).

It was a compliment I think that they put in some work to get the two lines running which are in the vid and keep them dry when the sporadic rains hit. Instead of seeing all the different lines and saying wow, this looks fun, too bad its wet and not running and hitting a bar or their van, they wanted to ride what they saw, picked lines which were more serviceable and of interest and helped make that happen.

Plus they threw me in doing what I do, and one of our crew riding briefly, Ryan, at 13:46 and 14:23-30 in the back.

Chimp

Quote Originally Posted by happysmiley View Post
    Cool, thanks. Yeah noticed a lot of trash and camp fire remnants, have a couple friends interested in getting it rideable so we'll see what happens.
    That'd be cool. That place was super fun. Check what they used to be like...

Holy hell those were both pretty sick

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings pnj's Avatar

little kids cut a notch in this berm and cut the lip down...
    they also cut another five foot tall lip in half (sideways, not height wise...)

Monkey
    yeah, unfortunately, that is trails too.

last year some kids carved out a 1 foot high roller to make about a 6 inch lip.... no joke. I think it might have been the smallest lip in the world, with the worst transition ever. I would rather hit up a parking block. sometimes, things just don't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by pnj View Post

little kids cut a notch in this berm and cut the lip down...
    they also cut another five foot tall lip in half (sideways, not height wise...)
    x1000

so familiar, i dont even get upset about it anymore. i just keep digging. ill be digging lots anyway, and keeping that mentality makes sure im at the trails enough to catch the poachers red-handed, or when they wanna ride the mistakes im fixing. then i school 'em, and it usually turns them in the right direction

and when it doesnt work, i toss them something in their own interests.

for example we had some kids wrecking all the lines at our old old jumps, using a cable spool as a tabletop in the middle of a good gap. it lead to every jump being toned down, etc.

took that spool and tossed it in the middle of that groups flagship jump (which i also built). wasn't too long til they respected the work others do out there, as a collective (and not selfish) effort. they finally focused on riding better instead of tweaking the jumps to their convenience
    Last edited by sealclubber; 03-27-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Koala made a comeback...

http://twelvegaugetrails.blogspot.com/

Monkey
    Yeah Cru! koala is lookin nice. how long have they been dormant? the woods like so nice, and nice gentle slope... awesome.

High speed roller, into a decent step up/hip.

Quote Originally Posted by pnj View Post

High speed roller, into a decent step up/hip.

This is the landing that puts you onto the roller pictured in the above post.