Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: My first deer!

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail! IH8Rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ????? View Post
    Seems like he was enjoying himself.
    wouldnt you??:biggrin:
    Originally Posted by Sandwich
    i schralped bus stop with a rear flat faster than jonkranked does it on his pretty expresso

WAY Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten almost)
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8Rice View Post
    wouldnt you??:biggrin:
    Dead eyes staring back at me is kind of a turn on, I will admit that.

[QUOTE=DirtMcGirk;3103285]Deer tastes good.

I am all for knowing how to hunt, stalk, kill and clean an animal. Humanity is three days without electricity from complete and total anarchy. I like the fact that I know I can survive without having to go to the store for my food needs.

Mind you I like bow hunting more, but from place to place it may not be the most efficient or humane way to harvest your food.

Nice take by the way, he is a big bastard.[/QUOT

90% of my harvesting is with my Bow ,it is not easy ,Bambi is a tasty Biyatch

guy, ive been target shooting for years.... but im sure you knew that before your awesome comment.

do Ak47's, a 12gauge, .22, m4 and .308 count?

Not to pick you apart, target shooting, and hunting are two different worlds. Nice selection of weapons to have fired, gives you a wide variety of feel for different rounds being used.

A deer being 10 feet away is a rarety when hunting. First part of the skill needed is to find your prey, second is to make ths shot. Moving targets are alot harder to hit. Reacting to a sudden moving target, and making the shot, that takes skill, and cool nerves.
    I am not saying we kill all the stupid people, I am just saying we should remove all the warning labels and let it sort itself out.....

Quote Originally Posted by DirtMcGirk View Post
    Dead eyes staring back at me is kind of a turn on, I will admit that.
    hmm i see.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=psychopath
    i schralped bus stop with a rear flat faster than jonkranked does it on his pretty expresso

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMike View Post
    Not to pick you apart, target shooting, and hunting are two different worlds. Nice selection of weapons to have fired, gives you a wide variety of feel for different rounds being used.

A deer being 10 feet away is a rarety when hunting. First part of the skill needed is to find your prey, second is to make ths shot. Moving targets are alot harder to hit. Reacting to a sudden moving target, and making the shot, that takes skill, and cool nerves.
    Swordfighters ,we are top of the food chain ,so live or starve

and did you really compare killing animals to people who dont ride bicycles and only drive suv's.
    bravo my good man....bravo
    yes :biggrin:

haha nah, actually I was saying that trying to explain to YOU the justification of hunting is like explaining to anti-cyclists the justification of paying thousands of dollars and spending ridiculous amounts of time dealing with them (as well as on internet bike forums )
    The forests have ears and the fields have eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by shocktower View Post
    90% of my harvesting is with my Bow ,it is not easy ,Bambi is a tasty Biyatch
    I've taken deer both ways, so I have respect for both. There's a time and place where taking a deer, elk, moose, a Sarah Palin, is just impractical with a bow. I've done some shots out in the 500 to 750yd range, which no matter how William Tell I might think I am, there's no way I am reaching a deer with a bow at those ranges.

Mind you I've also gone along on the crazy ass knife only boar hunts. I think that's some of the most insane stuff I've ever done. Having your friends behind you with 12ga's loaded full of buck and slug is only as good as how well your friends can not shoot you in the process.

I think its a skill set everyone should have to understand. Being able to truly feed yourself is a great life skill.

and i agree with you on all points...i just dont see the "fun" in blasting something alive personally.
    and his deer walked all up on his sh!t and he blasted it from 30ft away...mad skillz

Psychopath:
    n. A person with an antisocial personality disorder, manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior without empathy or remorse.

I never said I didn't feel bad, it was hot at the time, and then I cleaned the doll heads off and cried myself to sleep.

It was yards and not feet, not that it matters.

Do any of you see the red underlines and understand what that means when posting?

:walks towards the pool with joint and cocktail in hand:

I've done some shots out in the 500 to 750yd range, which no matter how William Tell I might think I am, there's no way I am reaching a deer with a bow at those ranges.
    i dont think anyone is killing anything at 500-750 yards. a 1/4mile+ is pretty damn far for a bow...no?

Psychopath:
    n. A person with an antisocial personality disorder, manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior without empathy or remorse.

I never said I didn't feel bad, it was hot at the time, and then I cleaned the doll heads off and cried myself to sleep.
    as long as you felt bad about it the next day, then im cool with it

i dont think anyone is killing anything at 500-750 yards. a 1/4mile+ is pretty damn far for a bow...no?
    Anything past about 50yd or so with a bow I think is inhumane. I don't want the beast to lumber and be in pain due to the fact that my arrow lost enough punch to do the job quickly.

Anything further then that I prefer to use a gun. I don't want the animal to suffer any longer then absolutely needed.

as long as you felt bad about it the next day, then im cool with it
    Well when I woke up I felt fine about things. But before I fell asleep I felt horrid.

Anything past about 50yd or so with a bow I think is inhumane. I don't want the beast to lumber and be in pain due to the fact that my arrow lost enough punch to do the job quickly.

Anything further then that I prefer to use a gun. I don't want the animal to suffer any longer then absolutely needed.

Well when I woke up I felt fine about things. But before I fell asleep I felt horrid.
    You are right alot of people don`t realize is most hunters make ethical shots ,we do not want to injur an animal with out dong it ethicaly ,we are conservationist we do spend the most money for the care of the enviroment for animals