Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 536162636465 ... LastLast
    First commute of the year!!! I love this freaking weather - low 50s this morning with a high of 68 today. So 10 mile to work 20 mile lunch ride then 25-30 miles home. That's taking advantage of a nice day!
    "Daddy I never knew pain could be so delicious"
    -My Son- March 13, 2010

I'm in the process of... fixing up an old Huffy 924 I acquired for free. Got it torn down, going to clean it up, paint it, fresh grease on bearings, and maybe a cheap saddle. It was free because it was "rusty and had flat tires". A little wire brushing has gotten rid of all the rust (in like 30 mins). The tires look fresh and hold air. Going to paint it today so I should have some more interesting pics soon. Plans are to commute it for a little bit while it's up for sale and invest that money into an older, more suitable, road bike from the LBS.

First got her home and started disassembly immediately

50/50 of how it looked when picked up and how it looks after a quick run with a wire brush

She's down to bare frame now and ready for paint. I know she's an old Huffy but money is tight and I'm sick of riding my short-geared mtb long distance on the road. Hopefully I can paint it up and sell it to a local hipster at a nice markup and get a more worthy road bike.

I commute a lot. I don't have a car, my job is only 7 miles away, though. I used to work 20 miles away. That was a killer commute in SEP OCT NOV DEC in Seattle. Blech. I was really really strong from that and working ft.

Well Maybe Windows is Bearable ! Unix Rules !
    Quote Originally Posted by CurbJumper View Post
    Hopefully I can paint it up and sell it to a local hipster at a nice markup and get a more worthy road bike.
    Here's a Hint , Go up to eBay and buy some Colnago Frame decals , apply them after painting , Put is up on CL as a Colnago fake, will go for double! i sold one that Way ,got more replies to it then I have ever gotten on a Bike before.
    That which does not kill you , usually really really hurts !

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Here's a Hint , Go up to eBay and buy some Colnago Frame decals , apply them after painting , Put is up on CL as a Colnago fake, will go for double! i sold one that Way ,got more replies to it then I have ever gotten on a Bike before.
    Sweet, I'll definitely look into that. I got her painted up last night and started reassembly today. She rides pretty well though I'd like an even taller gear (may go to 27" wheels/tires). I must say, she doesn't look too shabby for an old Huffy I started color-matching the spokes but ran out of paint. She still needs bar tape, clean up the brake levers, new cable housing, and I'd like to redo some of the paint (and possible do the Colnago decals ). Oh, don't mind the saddle, it was adjusted after the photo.

Strangely intrigued by Echo mrbigisbudgood's Avatar
    The sun was shining yesterday, shining hard. I left work early.

Violated a rule of mine and put in headphones. Planned a route that would keep me exclusively on bike paths with minimal road crossings. Cue up Pearl Jam - Ten. Enjoy the sun hitting my skin directly.

When you don't see the sun for a few months, it becomes a God that you must worship.
    Jag kommer att dricka öl.

System That Records All Vain Activity

I was listening to Ten at work yesterday Good album. I'm still riding in everyday, hell or high water, with my daughter in tow. I only have a few miles to go, so it's not too bad. We've had an odd mix of weather, it will go from raining cats and dogs (and being warm as a consequence) to being clear and cold the next day. We've been seeing the sun, which is unusual and nice.
    Portland Bicycle Studio Portland, Oregon: Great service and killer brands. Parlee, Guru, IF, Ridley, and Crumpton

Ride in about 3 days out of the week...hopefully more soon as the weather clears (Which in Germany is never...). But in the groove and love the feeling of not being one of the huddled masses in traffic. May start wearing the headphones as 95% of my ride is on forest roads...but kinda dig the silence now.
    Someday, I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

Der hund ist laut und braun Heidi's Avatar
    Hooray for fenders! The slushy snow can't touch me!

Well Maybe Windows is Bearable ! Unix Rules !
    with DST making a comeback , it has felt so good to get back on a road bike for the commute , 15 minutes faster too!
    That which does not kill you , usually really really hurts !

Just moved back the to the PNW, and have already ridden in snow twice. Even started collecting on my gloved while going up my final climb home. Good to be back up here...
    "I drink a whiskey drink, I drink a chocolate drink. When I need to pee, I use the kitchen sink."

Der hund ist laut und braun Heidi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post
    Just moved back the to the PNW, and have already ridden in snow twice. Even started collecting on my gloved while going up my final climb home. Good to be back up here...
    Where you at?

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Where you at?
    In Portland. The crazy weather last week, on my way home started snowing. Nothing compared to where you are at though ...
    "I drink a whiskey drink, I drink a chocolate drink. When I need to pee, I use the kitchen sink."

Quote Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post
    In Portland. The crazy weather last week, on my way home started snowing. Nothing compared to where you are at though ...
    I rode in with my daughter in the trailer in 3" of snow last Wed. Crazy weather we've been having. I'm down in Salem.
    Portland Bicycle Studio Portland, Oregon: Great service and killer brands. Parlee, Guru, IF, Ridley, and Crumpton

Strangely intrigued by Echo mrbigisbudgood's Avatar
    We've been above freezing for 2 weeks now! But, the freeze is coming back this weekend.

Not my fault though, I still have studs on the bike.
    Jag kommer att dricka öl.

System That Records All Vain Activity