So instead of posting in general forums......

I love to cook from time to time. Just made the wife some Russian tea cakes for Valentine's Day, and they are excellent. Time to add those to my list of.....

Creme brulee,
    Pizza (yeah, I know, big deal, but it's fun to toss the dough like a semi-pro),
    Homemade pesto sauce,
    Moon pies,
    Chicken spring rolls,
    Ice cream,
    Bagels,
    Pretzels,
    Breads (especially sourdough. Have the same starter from about 2yrs ago),
    and my own gels and bars.

And no, this is not 6* of separation from that Bacon character. It's my own cooking and no help from Guy, Rachel, Adam, or any other of those fancy-shmancy tv cooks.......
    Better a participant than a spectator, and always riding with my daughter, Alaina, in her seat.

It's not the effort, it's the smile.

2. Advertisement - Log in or Register to hide this ad
    BTW, no bacon pics. Wife won't "allow" red meat or pork in the house, and I'm too much of a sally to debate with her on it. So I just do it behind her back, winkwink.....
    Last edited by mantispf2000; 02-13-2013 at 05:55 PM.
    Better a participant than a spectator, and always riding with my daughter, Alaina, in her seat.

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings pnj's Avatar
    Is chicken okay in the house?

My lady has been a meat free vegetarian for 24 years but she doesn't mind others cooking meat in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by pnj View Post
    Is chicken okay in the house?

My lady has been a meat free vegetarian for 24 years but she doesn't mind others cooking meat in the house.

Yes, chicken and turkey are ok, though there's only so many ways those can be prepared. What I do behind her back for my dining pleasure, and don't get caught, is safe for me, hahaha......

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings pnj's Avatar
    what's her deal with cow/pig? religion?

Quote Originally Posted by pnj View Post
    what's her deal with cow/pig? religion?
    Oh, she's just paranoid of all the "chemicals" used in the raising of said beef/pork. It's ok with me, I actually feel better now than I did before we got together, diet-wise. Granted, I do have the very occasional beef or pork, 'cuz like I've debated with her before, man is known to be hunters and gatherers......

Press Button, Receive Stupid jonKranked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mantispf2000 View Post
    Oh, she's just paranoid of all the "chemicals" used in the raising of said beef/pork. It's ok with me, I actually feel better now than I did before we got together, diet-wise. Granted, I do have the very occasional beef or pork, 'cuz like I've debated with her before, man is known to be hunters and gatherers......
    but she's ok with the chemicals in the raising of chickens? sorry, but that's just idiotic.
    set your sarcasm meter to Level 4:butt hurt

Quote Originally Posted by jonKranked View Post
    but she's ok with the chemicals in the raising of chickens? sorry, but that's just idiotic.
    Come on now Jon. Lets disagree in a civil manner.

Don't be saying sh!t about a man's wife. It's not a good look.

Press Button, Receive Stupid jonKranked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockofullr View Post
    Come on now Jon. Lets disagree in a civil manner.

Don't be saying sh!t about a man's wife. It's not a good look.
    logical fallacies are logical fallacies.

you still cranky because you almost had to kidwoo someone last night?
    set your sarcasm meter to Level 4:butt hurt

Making someone your bitch is always good for a nice testosterone dump. Feeling super alpha today (I hate when people say that "alpha" sh!t, but that's the best way to describe it). Not grumpy at all.

I wish the kid had wanted to fight back instead of being a pussy. I was just off from two hours of Jiu Jitsu so I was pumped and ready for blood.

But seriously, mantispf seems like an ok bro, no reason to rag on his lady. That can only lead to trouble.

Oh boy, all I wanted to do was say I was on a cooking high and enjoy what I make. Rock, don't know what the martial arts tangent is, however, when you're confronted like it sounds you were, go for the jugular(sp?). I'm ok with what folks say, so it won't lead to trouble. I even liked the comment regarding a Vegas pic I posted when someone said it looked like Davis, Jr., was looking down my wife's top. And jK, believe me, I've had the whole "we were called hunters and gatherers in the beginning for a reason" with wifey. It's fine with me. She did give me the best present any lady could ever give, so please don't make me pull that card on you, haha.

Now, who wants some bacon-wrapped bagels with creme brulee's or moon pies for desert? You'll have to bring the beer, though....... To be followed by several shuttle trips to the top of Mammoth and bomb the Kamikazee at night, if you dare.....................

How about locally raised / butchered beef/pork? Expensive, but then again the taste is worth it. Technically "organic" has to be raised without antibiotics or growth hormones, and have to be fed certified organic feed, so that might be another option?

Wife was a vegetarian when we met. Beer and chicken wings "cured" her.
    www.straycatbicycles.com

"Dante is wise, and also loves bacon."