Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

And the depression has set in...

because i feel like crap. I just want to sit here and do nothing.

----IF this thread is in the wrong place, can someone tell me where to move it to?----

Got outta my art class today (I'm at BYU btw) only to discover My lock had been cut, and my baby, my 2008 Rocky Mountain Slayer SS was gone... that's it. gone... I worked my ass off for two years to get that, and in minutes, it's gone. It literally makes me sick.

anywho, I'll live, but I know ya'll are all over Craigslist and Ebay, So I was hoping ya'll could keep an eye out for it. I'm in utah obviously, so It will probably travel out of Provo, and into a bordering state or something...

It's easily identifiable because theres a nice old crack in the seat tube where the clamp sits, and the top cap on the fork is a completely custom purple top cap that says something to the effect of "Demon dirt sea otter crew 2010"

The fork (fox 36 talas R) is brown but looks blackish, and the shock is an x-fusion O2 that was custom made for Brian Miller, and has a eagle or similar bird on it. Red bars, and some sick Sensus Swayze lock ons to top it off.

Here's a pic.

Name:  new suspension.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  81.8 KB

I know ya'll can't do much, but It makes me feel better knowing that some people will be checking other area craigslists and such. I can't check them all...
    Last edited by Moosey; 02-14-2013 at 11:41 PM.

2. Advertisement - Log in or Register to hide this ad
    Monkey
    that's why you use an old commuter for driving to work/school/uni

Quote Originally Posted by tabletop84 View Post
    that's why you use an old commuter for driving to work/school/uni
    Maybe it is, but don't be a dick and rub salt in his wound. I'm sure he realizes that now and doesn't need you to pile on.

GOod luck finding your bike. I'll keep my eyes pealed for you.

Did you file a police report?
    Do you have renters insurance?
    Do your parents have homeowners insurance?

If your parents bought it and it was locked up outside of your primary residence, i.e. your parents house, you may be able to claim in on their policy.

I am the first to discourage anyone from making a claim in our state and our company, but if my bike was stolen, even with my $1k deductible, that claim is getting filed!
    Make it IDIOT PROOF....and someone will make a better idiot!

Monkey
    I had a bike stolen off my parents property when I was in high school. My dad filed a homeowners claim and we got cash, it wasn't much after the deductible but your bike has some decent bits on it that I am sure you didn't pay retail for so you may get enough to make a solid start towards a new rig when you take into account retail replacement value.

Good luck man, nothing has made me feel more murder'y than when my bike got stolen, busted my tail for months for that thing and somebody snagged it in seconds.

Chimp
    sorry to hear about that, I hope you get your bike back. I am extremely paranoid about this happening to me, to the point where I don't even feel comfortable leaving my bike on the hitch rack while I take a piss a gas station.

Quote Originally Posted by aenema View Post
    . . . it wasn't much after the deductible . . . .
    A good reason to go the extra coverage with an expensive bike and cover it as a 'scheduled property' on your HO policy. Besides covering that specific item at its full replacement value, it's usually not subject to the regualarl deductible.
    Last edited by MinorThreat; 02-15-2013 at 09:05 AM.
    Yeti RST ONE Industries Gold's Gym Royal Racing/Southshore Maxxis Renthal Hayes Bicycle Butler-Spokane

Send in loco!!

Grasshopper
    I live in Salt Lake and will keep an eye out.

Monkey
    "I went away to college, rode my nice bike to class and it was stolen". Really? How shocking!

I think this thread belongs back in MTBR land Moose Boy. Hopefully that edumacation starts sticking a little better for ya!

Sorry for your loss, lessons learned, move along.

no need to be a dick, he was just trying to spread work in hopes of getting it back...

Yep. Good luck finding your bike.
    My buddy found his last year on Craigslist. It was stolen by a career criminal who used the same email on the Craigslist ad as his facebook email, and it led the cops straight to him. He needs a new career.
    SEI Racing

Monkey
    why weren't you riding a townie bike? I went to college in a pretty safe town and still rarely would ride my mtb anywhere in town where I had to lock it for an extended period of time. sorry for your loss anyway, lesson learned. get a better lock too. one of the hardened kryptonite chains with a nice padlock. easier to use than a u lock and better than a cable type.
    a townie bike is a must. a beach cruiser with a basket on front will have the panties flying off. or a road bike with 28 tires and flat bars/levers swapped on if you have a bit of a distance ride.
    Last edited by Sonic Reducer; 02-15-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Chimp
    I got a decent xc bike stolen from year or so ago. Guy cut the lock in broad daylight, i paid 1500 for it but it was 6 years old. My renters policy paid full replacement cost which was much more than 1500, with only a 250 dedutable, its worth the money for a decent policy.

My advice. File a police report. Post pictures and threads all over. Get the word out.

I had a bike stolen na 2010 951from in front of me in 2011. There's a thread om here. I filed a report and posted all over. I had homeowners pay up with a $1000 deductible nut it was still good cash
    Rides-
    2014 Giant Glory, SAINT, X-Fusion
    2011 Transition Bandit
    2009 Gary Fisher Marlin
    Drives-
    2002 Chevy Silverado V8
    Rides for Team Town Cycle
    Buy/Sell/Consign
    Quickpicking.com