Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which RockShox damper do I want?

I can't keep up with RockShox madness...I want 150mm travel, air spring, tapered steer, AND a 20mm Maxle. Why is that so hard?! It changes every year, I don't see any Revelations with a 20mm Maxle for 2013.

So I'm looking to pick up a used Sektor TK, solo air, tapered steer, and 20mm maxle...a turn key damper is not gonna fly. So What damper listed below do I need? A simple high and low compression would be best, no need for lockout or a remote.

https://www.bti-usa.com/public/category/FK/FKSP/RS

I can use any Revelation, Pike, or Reba damper?

2. Advertisement - Log in or Register to hide this ad
    You want an X-Fusion HLR lowered to 150mm my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya View Post
    You want an X-Fusion HLR lowered to 150mm my friend.
    This is correct.
    "It won't happen again. I can promise you that. Willie here has low blood sugar. That's all."

For under $300? Sure, I'll send you my mailing address.

Wait! before you ship it...remove a pound worth of speed holes.
    Last edited by Freeridin'; 02-12-2013 at 11:20 PM.

why bother changing the damper. I doubt the reba one will fit, as theres no 150mm travel reba. The sektor is the new pike so there gonna pretty much have the same damper if anything the turnkey in the sektor will be better than what ever the one in the pike was called. As for the revelation damper its probably the possible only upgrade. Idealy you want a a mission control from a lyric r2c2 dh but thats not gonna fit either

Press Button, Receive Stupid jonKranked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by al-irl View Post
    why bother changing the damper. I doubt the reba one will fit, as theres no 150mm travel reba. The sektor is the new pike so there gonna pretty much have the same damper if anything the turnkey in the sektor will be better than what ever the one in the pike was called. As for the revelation damper its probably the possible only upgrade. Idealy you want a a mission control from a lyric r2c2 dh but thats not gonna fit either
    whats the diff between the sektor and the revelation? they did away with the pike when they introduced the 20mm axle option for the revelation because then they were literally the same fork.
    set your sarcasm meter to Level 4:butt hurt

You're gonna want the Revelation RLT MoCo-DNA (RC) damper or RC3 damper(I haven't used the RC3, can't comment on it), not sure if the Sektor and Revelation rebound assemblies are the same, but if they aren't you're gonna want the Revelation/dual-flow rebound assembly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by captainspauldin View Post
    You're gonna want the Revelation RLT MoCo-DNA (RC) damper or RC3 damper(I haven't used the RC3, can't comment on it), not sure if the Sektor and Revelation rebound assemblies are the same, but if they aren't you're gonna want the Revelation/dual-flow rebound assembly as well.
    With the exception of the black box Ti tube damper that is what I have in my 2011 Revelation RLT Ti, it's a great fork.

If they'll fit (and I think they will assuming you have all the other bits in there... not sure what the TK damper/rod looks like), either one of these will do the trick:
    RS-3785 2013 Revelation RLT MoCo-DNA (RC) damper YES
    RS-3722 2012 Revelation RCT3 MoCo-DNA (NR) damper
    Last edited by dump; 02-13-2013 at 07:49 AM. Reason: clarification

Alright so...
    RS-3785 2013 Revelation RLT MoCo-DNA (RC) damper is for a remote (RC=remote compatible), can it be used without a remote???

RS-3722 2012 Revelation RCT3 MoCo-DNA (NR) damper has 3 damping positions which I don't need and is twice the cost.

I think I need this guy...RS-3919 05-12 Pike, Revelation, Reba (09-11)* MoCo-DNA (NR) damper

Yeah, you can use it w/o the remote, however your compression will be all the way open... unless you modify the damper (like I did on an 09 reba) to remove the spring, then you'll be able to just manually turn the knob on top of the fork by hand.

Monkey
    Been going through this for months. 2010 they made some tapered 20mm, then 2011/12 they went to 15mm on the Rev and options for 20mm on the Sektor. I finally bought a tapered 15mm and converted my Hope hubs. I'm converting mine to a u-turn coil. The Rev and Sektor share the same body, 2011/12 not sure about 2013. Parts are interchangeable, oil volumes differ some because of the damper length. The RLT in mine is very similar to the Pike MoCo, but has the BB Tech and clicks when you move it.
    Last edited by OffCamber; 02-13-2013 at 04:28 PM.

You want this one.

http://www.bikeman.com/FK7350.html

RockShox MoCo RLT DNA for MY10-Current Revel Crown LO

That damper will pop right in. If I recall, the difference between oil volumes should only be a couple ml. Easy enough to even just swap in some fresh oil in the upper and just swap the damper carts if you don't feel like doing a full tear down/oil change.

Cheap OEM Sektor Solo Air 20mm + sweet deal on a Revelation tapered CSU + swapping this damper in = sweetly riding fork for less cash (though a little work) than an equivelant Revelation. It's light, stiff, travel and damping feel great, didn't cost a ton.

You need whatever one has the most stupid acronyms.
    I like to ride bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by boogenman View Post
    With the exception of the black box Ti tube damper that is what I have in my 2011 Revelation RLT Ti, it's a great fork.
    Whats wrong with the damper? Thats the same fork I have, and never had any issues.