Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bizutch View Post
    Let's start a pool on how long it takes him to get beat up by some guy with tats and a rusty trombone.
    Inside of a month.
    "Wa pa pa pa pa pa pow!"
    ~The Fox

I just went to Vans last night to scope it out and see where I stand. Didn't ride...wasn't ready to embarrass myself yet. Turns out...all the guys there are pretty f'ing good. I think I'll be reduced to hanging out with the 10 year olds while dialing 180s and learning how to manual more than 10 feet. Still fun though.

I have to say, it's a completely different set of skills than a mountain bike. Some stuff is starting to come back faster than others. I'm planning on going an actually riding Thursday. Not too bad that Vans is 5 minutes from my house.

And I don't take **** from douchebags... Tattoos or not
    Last edited by kazlx; 02-06-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dickinson CrabJoe StretchPants's Avatar
    I sometimes miss my BMX roots. Being able to manual a couple hundred feet brakeless = awesome. Eating **** on concrete = not awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by CrabJoe StretchPants View Post
    I sometimes miss my BMX roots. Being able to manual a couple hundred feet brakeless = awesome. Eating **** on concrete = not awesome.

I really want to get a bmx again but I definitely don't get up as easily from crashes not a days. Plus crashing on dirt is much more forgiving than concrete.
    Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.

http://www.youtube.com/MrICEBALL585

It's worth it even if you aren't hardcore about it. I had a blast just riding around in the park and doing basic stuff. Although, I'm sure there's always that desire to get better and that's when it bites you.

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dickinson CrabJoe StretchPants's Avatar
    When I learned to bunnyhop up 3-4 stairs into a manual, my BMX aspirations were fulfilled. Anything beyond that, I'll leave to Antonioz.

That's definitely on the list of things I want to learn. My manuals are weak, but even in the last couple days I've had noticeable improvement. It's nice being able to go out around my house and ride for 30 min whenever I feel like it. Night riding the mtb around here is marginal at best. I plan on spending the next couple weeks at Vans.

Monkey
    I'm finding riding w/ my kid is really pushing me to try **** I likely wouldn't have otherwise.
    I figure with a couple solid decades of trail riding under my belt, I should at least be able to keep up w/ an 8 year old.
    Of course, I get proven wrong on a daily basis, but still learning a lot and having a good time at it. Be interesting to see what, if anything, transfers to the mtb this season.
    slapheadmofo leisure team

sinister bikes
    wachusett brewing
    sunday river bike park

Press Button, Receive Stupid jonKranked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ICEBALL585 View Post

I really want to get a bmx again but I definitely don't get up as easily from crashes not a days. Plus crashing on dirt is much more forgiving than concrete.
    its a shame x-dreams closed. i spent countless hours in their pool. masonite pool, mind you.
    set your sarcasm meter to Level 4:butt hurt

Quote Originally Posted by jonKranked View Post
    its a shame i spent countless hours a pool of my own filth.
    it's not so bad.
    "Wa pa pa pa pa pa pow!"
    ~The Fox

I feel like a monkey f'n a football trying to nose manual. The rear either comes up a 1/2" or I'm licking asphalt.

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings pnj's Avatar
    learn hang 5's first. you have more control. Or, just keep going over the bars doing what you're doing.

Learn how to jump over your bars and land on your feet. Start fliping, spread legs and throw bars through them. land on feet. repeat to infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by mandown View Post
    it's not so bad.
    you're close to the -rep button chief. that was uncalled for. especially since you do not advocate bmx.

Quote Originally Posted by kazlx View Post
    I feel like a monkey f'n a football trying to nose manual. The rear either comes up a 1/2" or I'm licking asphalt.
    Quote Originally Posted by pnj View Post
    learn hang 5's first. you have more control. Or, just keep going over the bars doing what you're doing.

Learn how to jump over your bars and land on your feet. Start fliping, spread legs and throw bars through them. land on feet. repeat to infinity.
    i only have mastered nose manuals over a fly box, i was basically just pushing the front end down to come in contact w/ the flat top.

Quote Originally Posted by jonKranked View Post
    you're close to the -rep button chief. that was uncalled for. especially since you do not advocate bmx.
    "Wa pa pa pa pa pa pow!"
    ~The Fox