Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Enduro thread

Turbo Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by NoUseForAName View Post
    Honestly, that long day of the 4 kings was the most fun(suffering) i've had on a bike for a long while, mostly because slackers like me could spin some miles with whippets like you without you being held back in the results. I push Enduro as being the future based solely on this more sociable aspect to it.
    I don't disagree with you at all, I'm just sick of the enduro hypers trying too hard to 'promote' it...it doesn't need hyping, let alone over-hyping, because you're right, it is what most of us do on most rides.

Enduro riding is what we all do (for the record I have never gone on an Enduro 'ride'). Enduro racing is not.

Longer stages than DH tracks (plus possible flat or uphill sections) with set transition times makes for a testing day out! Also the only reason I've stayed 2x9 is so that I can get spinning back up the hill whilst catching my breath and letting the lactic drain. Was lucky not to get out by the transitions at a UK round last year.

Turbo Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipFantasia View Post
    I don't disagree with you at all, I'm just sick of the enduro hypers trying too hard to 'promote' it...it doesn't need hyping, let alone over-hyping, because you're right, it is what most of us do on most rides.
    so you mostly do multi staged races when you go for a ride?
    www.mtbfreeride.tv

Quote Originally Posted by jonKranked
    ridemonkey is pretty much the 4chan of mountain biking

I have been running a Sram 2x10 with a type 2 rear der and no guide with no issues. I am playing with the idea of going 1x10. I am thinking about not even using a top guide has anybody tried this? I have yet to drop a chain on my 2x10 but if i did i could just pedal it back on because of the front der.

also this will be my first time going with a single ring. I am not super powerful and i climb a lot. would a 34t be the right move? my cassette is a 11-36

Quote Originally Posted by FlipFantasia View Post
    Exactly.

Turbo Monkey
    why are you guys even considering riding without a bashguard/taco? i'm on a 1x10 with a 32 in the front. the lg1 taco protecting it is full of scratches and is missing a few chunks of material. i could never ride with out any chainring protection. at least not in the alpes...
    Last edited by sethimus; 01-25-2013 at 04:32 PM.
    www.mtbfreeride.tv

Quote Originally Posted by jonKranked
    ridemonkey is pretty much the 4chan of mountain biking

Im going into my 2nd year of "enduro" racing. I love the format and the amount of riding you get in per weekend. Some mountains are better than others but each mountain suits different riders (at least in Oregon) I had a fairly descent 1st season of "enduro" racing on brand new terrain, bike and lifestyle (#vanlife) I wouldnt trade it for a thing. Made some really awesome friends and have progressed immensely! Can not wait to travel back up to the PNW this spring to get in some epic mountain biking in. See you guys out there! Ill post up my secret weapon when its done

I thought of this for Enduro, which has been getting a ton of press recently. Isn't it a longer Super D race?

http://www.enduroworldseries.com/
    Last edited by Spinning Lizard; 01-25-2013 at 07:31 PM.
    Permanent ban from emptybeer.

Monkey
    ^^ this "I love the format and the amount of riding you get in per weekend"

I got hooked on mor FR and definatley DH in the past few years and during a 1 year work trip last year I could only do mainly dessert pedal rides. I really got back into "riding" my bike again. I also noticed I was getting tired of arriving in the carpark only to pull my DH bike of the rack, load up my armour and do the 40 minutue walk to the top of the mountain. Just seemed like I was missing bags of saddle time. I noticed the "Enduro" videos and threads and realised that I could put the DH/FR skills I had been working on and apply them to a more versatile riding style. With all the new bikes offerings it has become so much easier to rip up and down the mountain. I guess I have always riden as hard as I could on every ride, I just got side tracked by focusing on more of the downs. I lightened up my FR bike and have to say it was such a blast to ride the same trails and in fact I prefer the more responsive feel of the bike now. I have just about everything I need to build up my new bike when I get home in Feb, I only need to figure out which tires to run and I am done. I am so Phsyched. Not sure about the Enduro thing being shoved down my throat but it helped me to realised what dirrection I want to move in now.

Turbo Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by banrider View Post
    enduro race per excellence; mega avalanche....Attachment 113059
    Call me old fashioned, but if we are going to have names for things we should use them correctly. 'Enduro' is a racing format, going on an 'enduro' ride just sounds lame; like you're trying to make your standard xc/all mtn/whatever ride into something extra impressive. It's right up there with saying 'I'm going on a free ride.' Call it whatever you want I suppose, but it's all a bit trite to call a mountainbike ride by a whole new name because you added 15mm of travel and a dropper post to your bike.

Mega Avalanche is also not 'enduro.' It's a mass start really f'ing long DH race with a couple uphill spots. So I guess we could call our group shuttle rides that have some pedaling 'mega' rides now?

Enduro looks like an extremely promising race format, but lets not get carried away slapping the name on everything, eh?
    Last edited by General Lee; 01-26-2013 at 01:09 AM.
    http://www.leetrumporephotography.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dox View Post
    Lee you are always right.

Turbo Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by stiksandstones View Post
    #enduro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Troy Lee should make an Enduro version of the A1 called the E1 and charge $20 more for it, just for a good laugh.

PS, when are those bad boys going to be available in Taiwan? I'm well past due for replacing my Giro space balls helmet.
    Last edited by General Lee; 01-26-2013 at 01:14 AM.
    http://www.leetrumporephotography.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dox View Post
    Lee you are always right.

Monkey
    Enduro racing, where washed up pro XC and DH racers go to die

Quote Originally Posted by Orfen View Post
    Yep, I am on my way!
    Permanent ban from emptybeer.

Quote Originally Posted by FCLinder View Post
    I am in the middle of building up my 2013 Enduro/Super D bike and will be running one.

Cecil
    Specs? if you want share.

I wonder if anybody have check on typical competition bike specs like Vouloiz, Barell etc.

Some things to figure out for me as clothes, tires, rims, armor...

Quote Originally Posted by Orfen View Post
    hehe good one