Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Business is good, thanks for asking AngryMetalsmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by www.amazon.com View Post
    I'm an idiot yeah ok. Good job...Care to elaborate?
    Lets say someone killed 27 people with a crossbow, would you still call for a ban on crossbows?
    Come on dude, how long would it take for an archer to shoot 27 people with a crossbow ? Keep in mind they have to reload for every shot and the targets most likely will not stand still and patiently wait their turn to be skewered. You might want to get out a pencil and paper for this one. Math, crazy sh1t.

T-Mac and the OKC bombing didn't need to use firearms. Lets say someone killed 27 people with a crossbow, would you still call for a ban on crossbows?
    You actually call a mass murderer T-Mac?

That's fcked up.

Yes. Why give a monster a nickname like he's a mate?

Anyway, move on.

T-Mac and the OKC bombing didn't need to use firearms. Lets say someone killed 27 people with a crossbow, would you still call for a ban on crossbows?
    I would sign up to train with the dude that can shoot a crossbow that fast.

Also, I'd want a closer look at that crossbow.

I'm an idiot yeah ok. Good job...Care to elaborate?
    Yes violent crime rose...... more fist fights (assault).
    but the murder rate dropped.
    I'd rather have punchups than shooting anyday.

Monkey business........

"Andrew Leigh of the national university there, who studied over a period of 10 years, homicides fell 59 per cent, and suicides 65 per cent. "

Monkey business........

Yes I see elementry kids huddling up in a corner. What if the archer blocks to door?
    you use the image of 6 or 7 y/o children, that were literally scared to death while a mass murderer killed their friends in the next room to theorize about how to kill most efficiently? you're a sick f*ck.
    Smoking an ounce a day in the parking lot does not require spine protection.

just to give you an impression, what you are talking about, you idiot.
    this is a six year old child, my daughter Liza.

a fragile human being. just like any other six year old child. just like YOU a few years ago. how can you just ignore the fact, that little people like her were round up and shot with a semi-automatic weapon in an elementary school? that they watched their friends die? their teachers?? how can it be, that you're ridiculing the killing of little children??? how can you value an abstract "right" higher than the lives of these children and the broken hearts, minds and lifes of their parents? how can you disrespect their deaths??? how can you be so desensitized?
    and while i did not cry when i read about this killing, i was deeply upset and sad. as any decent human being should be.
    which you are obviously not, you piece of ****.

@ admins: the insults in this post were not diluted on purpose. if you have to, delete the post.
    Smoking an ounce a day in the parking lot does not require spine protection.

But then again the guns are part of the equation. If they were not available you can't shoot them bullets too.
    I am the spirit of Enduro

Quote Originally Posted by maddog17 View Post
    so if this guy went in with a knife then it's ok? people kill with weapons, be it a gun, knife, club, or bare hands. if someone wants to kill, they will use whatever they can to get the job done. so I'm not sure where your brainwashed comment comes into play here. I don't think we're insane here. what I see as the problem is a lack of responsibility and accountability. since the 90's when "being PC" became the norm, it's never anyones own fault, it's someone elses. a parent cant discipline their own kid without some stranger being offended by it and calling the cops claiming child abuse. too many friggin soft hearted people here now screwing crap up.
    That is a formula for failure in a modern gun culture that leads to the frequency and number of incidents the US has today (over 60 in the last 30 years). We have to leave the psychology to the experts.

Sociopaths have existed in all societies throughout history, false placed hopes on discipline have no bearing on fixing mental illness.

China has much more strict discipline than America has ever had, nasty prisons, and plenty of capital punishment and yet on the same day as this event a sociopath attacked a similar number of children for over a half hour netting zero deaths with a kitchen knife vs over twenty in minutes with a gun. The widespread availability of guns to everyone in a America is clearly the reason for the frequency of large casualty massacres from sociopaths.

At the top of the heap of American sociopaths is prototypical traditional values tea party sociopath - a church-going pillar of his community from almost a hundred years ago. Gun efficiency and availability was more limited but it was the perfect storm that he happened to be a farmer that knew how to build bombs and was the caretaker of the school.

Bomb making takes expertise unlike widely available easy to use modern guns. You can't go to your local (or online) bomb store and buy an assortment of foolproof ready made bombs and accessories.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=103186662

Andrew Kehoe, a local farm owner who was also the school's caretaker, had planted the bomb at the school. Kehoe had been angry about property taxes used to fund the school. He burned down his farm that day, and then blew up his car, killing himself and five other people.

The total death toll in the Bath School disaster was 45, including Kehoe. Thirty-eight of those killed were children. Huffman remembers one family that lost three children that day.

"Everybody was hard-hit," Huffman, now 91, remembers. "Everybody."

Willis Cressman, now age 97, was another student at the school.

"You wouldn't think a church member could do such a thing, would you?" Cressman says of Kehoe. "He was the caretaker of the school. In fact, I saw him that morning. He was working on a door, and he smiled at us as we walked in."
    Also don't forget the availability of guns has frequently been linked with suicide rates throughout the world. Israel figured this out and helped save lives:

In Israel, it used to be that all soldiers would take the guns home with them. Now they have to leave them on base. Over the years they’ve done this — it began, I think, in 2006 — there’s been a 60 percent decrease in suicide on weekends among IDS soldiers. And it did not correspond to an increase in weekday suicide. People think suicide is an impulse that exists and builds. This shows that doesn’t happen. The impulse to suicide is transitory. Someone with access to a gun at that moment may commit suicide, but if not, they may not.
    Last edited by syadasti; 12-19-2012 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by worship_mud View Post
    just to give you an impression, what you are talking about, you idiot.
    this is a six year old child, my daughter Liza.

a fragile human being. just like any other six year old child. just like YOU a few years ago. how can you just ignore the fact, that little people like her were round up and shot with a semi-automatic weapon in an elementary school? that they watched their friends die? their teachers?? how can it be, that you're ridiculing the killing of little children??? how can you value an abstract "right" higher than the lives of these children and the broken hearts, minds and lifes of their parents? how can you disrespect their deaths??? how can you be so desensitized?
    and while i did not cry when i read about this killing, i was deeply upset and sad. as any decent human being should be.
    which you are obviously not, you piece of ****.

@ admins: the insults in this post were not diluted on purpose. if you have to, delete the post.
    Name:  91dcc4f56fab483a50fc8a3d858775bb_full.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  24.1 KB

And this is my (Just turned...) 7 year old. Her right to life is worth far more than anyones right to a firearm.

How is it that the Right can deny abortion and birth control rights, then allows those little llives that were created to be snuffed out so easily? I would think they would want to protect the little ones at any cost...
    Someday, I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

And this is my (Just turned...) 7 year old. Her right to life is worth far more than anyones right to a firearm.

How is it that the Right can deny abortion and birth control rights, then allows those little llives that were created to be snuffed out so easily? I would think they would want to protect the little ones at any cost...
    MUST SPREAD REP!!!!! Exactly.........
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
    - Leonardo Da Vinci

I really was trying to refrain from posting this on this thread (See TreeSaw’s post), but since some of you mouth breathers have no respect and don’t visit the PAWN here goes.

Gun owner here, I’ve got a Sig P226 with 3, 15 round mags. I don’t have my concealed carry license, it’s for home protection only. I shoot at least 200 rounds monthly to stay proficient, and do dry fire drills weekly.

If the military and law enforcement mandate weeks of training before their members are issued and allowed to carry a firearm as part of their job, why is the same not true for civilians? Why in the world would we trust some dumbass untrained civilian with a weapon very similar to what is issued to our military? I’ve lost count the FB pictures I’ve seen where dumbass gun owners have their pic taken with a FINGER ON THE F’ING TRIGGER!!! WTF!!!! These people have zero trigger discipline, why in GOD’s NAME would we trust people like that with AR/AK/SKS’s and the like????

The idea that it’s easier to purchase an AR/AK/SKS at a gun show than it is to purchase a car is ludicrous. The 2nd Amendment doesn’t mandate it should be easy to acquire a firearm. As much as I’d love a nice full quad railed 14.5” middy Bravo Company AR or a HK MR223 and go out and play DEVGRU in an abandoned field somewhere in north central Arkansas, it’s not going to happen, and it shouldn’t happen and that is NOT an infringement on my 2nd Amendment rights. I have the right to protect myself and my family, which I can do quite effectively with my 226, if I need more “oomph” I’ll spring for a Remington 870. That’s more than enough to protect my family in the event something “Katrina like” happens here in central Arkansas.

AR/AK/SKS’s and the like should either be ridiculously difficult to own/purchase or banned altogether. If you’re a law abiding citizen then you have nothing to hide, if you want one of these go through a LONG detailed background check (including checking for any mental illness issues) and mandatory training. Don’t give me the “it’s my right to protect myself/family/home” because if you NEED one of those you a) have ZERO clue about CQB b)are a horrible marksman with a pistol c) you’re compensating for something. If it’s the middle of the night and my front door is bashed in by badguys I’d much rather have a suppressed Mk25 with a Surefire light than an AR any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Your argument FOR AR/AK/SKS’s and the like is invalid, period. No one (or very few, they are not optimum) hunts with those, they are designed to kill people and they are not optimum for home defense.....so there's no legitimate NEED for that sort of weapon. You’re “right” to own those doesn’t not trump my children’s right to live, or anyone’s right to live.
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
    - Leonardo Da Vinci

see what happens when someone who is taught to respect firearms at a early age snaps....
    Last edited by stevew; 12-19-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Monkey
    Basically, and this comment is aimed at people like DMG and the others defending safe use and ownership of firearms, while you might love firing your gun responsibly and without any threat to other people, letting off steam, with eco friendly rounds and whatever other things you want to list to try and justify owning these ridiculous weapons, would you not give up this non-essential right just to see even one less of these type of incidents in your country? I know i would.
    Last edited by conor; 12-19-2012 at 07:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkayne View Post
    Blastoise would never hurt my mom. He would never make her cry like her boyfriend johnny does. If blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.