Page 4 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Hey einstein. Cars and knives help the economy and people's lives. Guns just shoot shlt. They are unique and wholly stand on their own. And unless you're one of the assholes that works for the NRA with their cheeks spread to whatever smith and wesson tells them, THEY DO NOT BENEFIT YOUR DAILY LIFE.
    My freezers full of venison that will feed me and my family for the next nine months beg to differ.

It's not about guns, it's about preventing irresponsible people access to guns.

Cars are way better for hunting than guns.

That and just digging a hole and putting a false-top on it with some bait on top.

I've never understood hunting.
    Last edited by Jm_; 12-15-2012 at 07:15 PM.
    Do you even race bro?

Surrounded by Police in a hail of gunfire
    Make something idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot
    quattuor rota permoveo somes tamen duos rota permoveo animus

Quote Originally Posted by Pesqueeb View Post
    I grew up, and still have friends and family, in Tulare county and hadn't heard about that. Jesus......
    Where? Camp Nelson is one of my favorite places on the planet. I also have some good friends from Springville.
    She doesn't say much, she just pours my drinks. She doesn't care what the good lord thinks.

bicycle in airplane hangar Pesqueeb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef Supreme View Post
    Where? Camp Nelson is one of my favorite places on the planet. I also have some good friends from Springville.
    I grew up in Three Rivers and went to high school in woodlake. The in-laws live in porterville now, just down the hill from springville and the reservation.

Surrounded by Police in a hail of gunfire
    I have family in Tulare, Visalia and wood lake.
    quattuor rota permoveo somes tamen duos rota permoveo animus

Quote Originally Posted by norbar View Post
    Why is America the only country in the world who can't take example from other countries? Though I like the idea if something is a problem, you need to add more of it to solve the problem. Be it guns or market deregulation.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

American exceptionalism, baby!
    Last edited by Silver; 12-15-2012 at 11:22 PM.
    When the lights came up at two, I caught a glimpse of you and your face looked like something Death brought with him in his suitcase.

Monkey
    In the 20th century you were ~25 times more likely to be killed by your own government than by homicide. Gun ownership is a deterrent to state violence. It's not always a very effective one, but it's the only real deterrent there is.

Business is good, thanks for asking AngryMetalsmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by limitedslip View Post
    In the 20th century you were ~25 times more likely to be killed by your own government than by homicide. Gun ownership is a deterrent to state violence. It's not always a very effective one, but it's the only real deterrent there is.
    Uhh...yeah, 'cause your pea shooter will surely put the fear into the state with their tanks and planes that shoot missiles and stuff.

Smoking an ounce a day in the parking lot does not require spine protection.

Quote Originally Posted by limitedslip View Post

Gun ownership is I doubt much very much of a deterrent to conscription...........

Monkey business........

Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryMetalsmith View Post
    Uhh...yeah, 'cause your pea shooter will surely put the fear into the state with their tanks and planes that shoot missiles and stuff.

Not talking about fear. Even in just economic terms it would cost far more to 'round up undesirables' versus an armed populace compared to a unarmed populace. The costs would go up all over the board: an armored Humvee vs. an econoline van, tactical gear with body armor vs. a couple pistols, and trained soldiers willing to get shot at vs. cheap thugs. Probably 20x the cost just in money alone.

Last edited by norbar; 12-16-2012 at 04:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ska todd View Post
    Bacon is a universal. Like duct tape, zip ties, or a bigger hammer it can fix anything!

Celebrating No-Pants Day kidwoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gastro View Post
    My freezers full of venison beg to differ.
    Can I get a video of the venison begging to differ?

Your ability to archive meat is not what I'm talking about. I'd assume you know that but apparently not.

You even said it yourself

Plenty of other places are proof of this to some degree. But it's different here. You and I know that.

Just keep in mind that every time you or someone you know who does nothing but hunt, speaks up against any kind of gun control just because you own one, you make it easier for this kind of thing to happen........again, and again, and again.

We don't need handguns in national parks, we don't need handguns in bars and we don't need them in schools for you to be able to hunt. And the answer is not more armed people. You know the difference right?
    Last edited by kidwoo; 12-16-2012 at 09:02 AM.
    Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails, numbnuts.

Switchacks = woodland based crimes against humanity

Quote Originally Posted by gastro View Post
    My freezers full of venison that will feed me and my family for the next nine months beg to differ.

So if there were strict gun laws, you would an arguable case.

What about some doofus in the suburbs? What are they hunting?