Has anyone modded a Diamondback Mission frame...

...to make it slacker/lower? Seems easy enough given the position of the upper shock mounting area. Drill a new hole just above the existing one? Maybe above and a little for or aft of the original?

2. Advertisement - Log in or Register to hide this ad
    Offset shock reducers, angleset, higher stack height, longer fork?
    Do you even race bro?

Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by rosenamedpoop View Post
    ...to make it slacker/lower? Seems easy enough given the position of the upper shock mounting area. Drill a new hole just above the existing one? Maybe above and a little for or aft of the original?
    Cycle the frame with no shock and see where the contact point is. Might be the tire to seat tube also. Then measure your eye to eye at that point. Figure out the length of the bottomed out shock and those two measurements will tell you how low you can go. Anything less should be kosher at that point. Sounds like a fun experiment.

Kyle Thomas (Thom9719), Diamondback pro, did a lot of interesting mods to his, turning it into a mini-DH. I think he posted it here. If I can find it, I'll link it up.

Found it: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/f19...ini-dh-243653/
    Last edited by MinorThreat; 12-15-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    Yeti RST ONE Industries Gold's Gym Royal Racing/Southshore Maxxis Renthal Hayes Bicycle Butler-Spokane

Quote Originally Posted by MinorThreat View Post
    Kyle Thomas (Thom9719), Diamondback pro, did a lot of interesting mods to his, turning it into a mini-DH. I think he posted it here. If I can find it, I'll link it up.

Found it: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/f19...ini-dh-243653/
    Thanks! Lots of good info there. He did exactly what I want to... I believe the newest Mission has a 142 through, maybe I can get a new triangle from them to stiffen.

Kind of a trip how he made that bolt on bracket instead of just drilling a new hole & trimming a bit off the existing upper bracket...