Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Celebrating No-Pants Day kidwoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuspectDevice View Post
    Listen-
    I write crap like what is published on the Bike website all of the time, and it get's disseminated all over the goddamnplace and I've never once been treated with such disrespect and utter contempt as 5 or 6 of you here are showing.
    Post up some stuff and gimme 5 minutes.
    STRAVA: Turn your dork logger off when you're on unsanctioned trails numbnuts

Switchacks = woodland based crimes against humanity

Quote Originally Posted by FlipFantasia View Post
    no kidding...I agree it's a junky piece that I couldn't even bring myself to read to the end, but Danielle is a good friend and a decent person and most of you are pretty pathetic.
    I don't know about anyone else, but in my first post or so I did say I really really agree with her point. But when you say something like 'palmer didn't train' it shows that she didn't give a fvck enough to actually find good (true) examples. I want to read the article she set out to write because she has an excellent point. It just all kind of fell out the window once she went to explain it and find examples.

I type stupid shlt up ALL THE TIME. That doesn't mean I'm a bad person (except to demo9) and no one with a clue is making value judgments on my character.....at least not accurate ones. I don't dislike or wish bad things for Danielle....I don't even know her. I wish GOOD things for her! Like being able to realize palmer was a unique mix of talent and contrived image. And being able to realize someone riding around interbike in a speedo is just an attention whore who gives more of a f*ck than anyone. She'll write better pieces that way and life will be more betterer!
    Last edited by kidwoo; 12-11-2012 at 05:50 PM.

We are all that guy in the speedo.

Pretty sure I'm never (okay rarely) a guy in a speedo.

Turbo Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but in my first post or so I did say I really really agree with her point. But when you say something like 'palmer didn't train' it shows that she didn't give a fvck enough to actually find good (true) examples. I want to read the article she set out to write because she has an excellent point. It just all kind of fell out the window once she went to explain it and find examples.

I type stupid shlt up ALL THE TIME. That doesn't mean I'm a bad person (except to demo9) and no one with a clue is making value judgments on my character.....at least not accurate ones. I don't dislike or wish bad things for Danielle....I don't even know her. I wish GOOD things for her! Like being able to realize palmer was a unique mix of talent and contrived image. And being able to realize someone riding around interbike in a speedo is just an attention whore. She'll write better pieces that way and life will be more betterer!
    okay, so I re-read things, and there's only a few guys that really went over the line, and you weren't one of them, and I pretty much agree with your perspective on the piece...but still, Scary and Dilzy are suggesting throat punching her, scary then called her a skank, jonkranked implies drug use (she doesn't use), limitedslip calls her an "idiot woman"....I realize people like to exaggerate for effect and use inflammatory language, and I know that I'm being slightly offended on behalf of a friend (whom probably doesn't give a f#ck), but it's pretty weak behaviour and in pretty poor taste, even for this group of degenerates.
    Last edited by FlipFantasia; 12-11-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Wow. I didnt read this thread when it was posted and just realized it was taken down; coz of some other threads made in reference. I also read the article itself and honestly, I dunno what to say.

Thread was sterilized by BV and he also gave SCARY an unpaid vacation. In the future, watch the hostility. We really don't need it.

Gotcha. I guess in all sports, not just the extremos; riding bikes, snow or climbing rocks, w/e... There are always some bad eggs mixed in.

The voice of reason binary visions's Avatar
    I deleted the comments that were especially nasty. Everyone is welcome to their opinion, and even welcome to say that the author is a terrible writer if that's what they think... but we don't need the flame wars.
    You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

My Travel | Costa Rica | Galapagos | Peru | Tanzania: Kilimanjaro & Safari |

Press Button, Receive Stupid jonKranked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipFantasia View Post
    okay, so I re-read things, and there's only a few guys that really went over the line, and you weren't one of them, and I pretty much agree with your perspective on the piece...but still, Scary and Dilzy are suggesting throat punching her, scary then called her a skank, jonkranked implies drug use (she doesn't use), limitedslip calls her an "idiot woman"....I realize people like to exaggerate for effect and use inflammatory language, and I know that I'm being slightly offended on behalf of a friend (whom probably doesn't give a f#ck), but it's pretty weak behaviour and in pretty poor taste, even for this group of degenerates.
    i never implied drug use. neither did carl sagan. 'twas only a recommendation.
    set your sarcasm meter to Level 4:butt hurt

Turbo Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoops View Post
    I'm sorry... is this satire?

I can't work it out. Of course the obvious come back is that you don't give a fvck about any of these comments! Hooray for irony. And satire.

I really hope satire, because otherwise = massive fail.
    Given the ironic (though deserved) censoring of responses to an article about the importance of not giving a ****, I now conclude that this was not satire, and that the sponsor (or RM relationship manager) gives a ****. Shame the sponsors editor (or sub ed) didn't give enough of a **** to think about what would happen when such a poorly written (or spaz trolling effort) piece was put in front of a bunch of bored, over-the-hill, 'I'm still a biker' pedants WITH embedded RM comments on their site... like raw meat in front of a ravenous lion, it's only going to end one way.

Still, that Palmer eh? Who gives a ****? Not me (as well as being a use-to-be biker, I'm an over-the-hill skater too).

The voice of reason binary visions's Avatar
    I can't entirely tell what the insinuation was regarding the "sponsor" above. To be completely clear: nobody asked for the purging of these posts, and I did not do it for any other reason than deciding to delete sh*tty posts from sh*tty people.

Any other thread that I read would have gotten the same treatment, article or not.
    You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

My Travel | Costa Rica | Galapagos | Peru | Tanzania: Kilimanjaro & Safari |

Its a conspiracy!
    Industry 9 wheels for sale

Quote Originally Posted by binary visions View Post
    and I did not do it for any other reason than deciding to delete sh*tty posts from sh*tty people.
    If that is your new role here, you are going to be VERY busy. I hope you got a nice raise.
    SEI Racing

Turbo Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by binary visions View Post
    I can't entirely tell what the insinuation was regarding the "sponsor" above. To be completely clear: nobody asked for the purging of these posts, and I did not do it for any other reason than deciding to delete sh*tty posts from sh*tty people.

Any other thread that I read would have gotten the same treatment, article or not.
    My apologies for any suggestion of lick-spittleness, and as agreed above there were some well-over-the-line posts by people who normally are better behaved.... however there was a post by someone (a new mod?) with a comment about how bike were a sponsor so blaa blaa blab something. Seems to be deleted now.

You should know - I don't read others' posts - I just skim them enough to allow me to form a wildly inaccurate argument and then smash my keyboard until something ends up on the interwebs. This means that the post by the pseudo-mod with a comment indicating the sponsors delicate sensibilities might be offended by the RM-locals response to their mediocre article became "we're ****ting ourselves that our sponsor will pull some ads".

I don't give a ****, neither should you.

Its the internet.

On a forum about push bikes.

Now, where's my gold sequined jacket?