Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tuumbaq View Post
    well I dont . . . tripod are usually NOT very stable with heavy bike and having 3 legs can often be very annoying when moving around the bike...takes a lot more space

Get a Park tool or a Pedros...end of the story
    I feel the same way. My roommate in college had the feedback and it was great for road bikes but I couldn't imagine using one exclusively for DH bikes. I've seen at least 15 DH bikes fall over while in Feedback stands.

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dickinson CrabJoe StretchPants's Avatar
    I've had this for about 5-6 years now and I'm amazed at how well it's held up. I bought it at REI as a compulsory purchase to replace the Park stand I had and couldn't be happier.

http://www.rei.com/product/779720/mi...with-tool-tray
    Last edited by CrabJoe StretchPants; 12-10-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by csermonet View Post
    Spin doctor pro g3. I use it almost every day for DH bikes exclusively. No problem whatsoever. Portable as well. Got mine at performance bike on sale last year. It's on sale right now as well. Normally 200, on sale for 130.

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes...66_-1___400005
    Ive broken two clamps on this stand. Happens when you work on the bike in an unnatural position like pulling the back wheel up so the bike is vertical. Lucky Performance has a "100% Satisfaction Guarantee..." I've had the stand replaced two times over the last 5 years.
    If I were to spend money on a new stand it'd be the Feedback Pro Elite or a Park.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by jonKranked View Post
    I've got a park prs-15. Probably more than you would want to spend, but it can handle a dh bike no problem. Folds up pretty nicely for storage and transport too.
    Def a winner - I may go back to Park someday; I have a FeedBack Ultimate Pro Titanium 11.0 and it's awesome, but you need to be wary of bike position depending on what you're doing. The park bases sort of preload the weight, and may wobble, but I never flipped my PRS-5 at all, and my FB is a tip monster.

Mind you, XL bikes and 40+ lbs.

Look at the Sette model offered thru Pricepoint it's just a sturdy as a Park and 1/3 the price, I have one and have used it for my Haro 357, it's sturdy. I also have the Feedback Pro model and like that one also.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits"
    Rides:
    2005 Giant Reign 2 (Custom Built)
    2011 Intense M9 Custom Build

Tripod of the Feedback is plenty stable as long as you remember to face the 'fork' of the Y toward you with the third leg pointing straight away from you. If you've ever milked a cow you know this.
    Last edited by MinorThreat; 12-12-2012 at 02:58 PM.
    Yeti RST ONE Industries Gold's Gym Royal Racing/Southshore Maxxis Renthal Hayes Bicycle Butler-Spokane

Quote Originally Posted by Philliam View Post
    Needs to be freestanding. Not worried so much about portability, rather stability and quality - without breaking the bank. Did a search, but found no recent info. Thanks for any reco.
    You can even beat this looooooooooow price, by doing it yourself !

http://dirt.mpora.com/fresh-produce-...flipstand.html
    Last edited by ED75; 12-16-2012 at 07:47 AM.
    ED 2005 Breizh & French DH champ' + 2008 DH World champ' + 2010 French & European DH champ'

I've had a similar one to this.. http://www.parktool.com/product/delu...-stand-pcs-4-1
    the legs have changed over the years. It has lasted 15 years and has seen everything (in terms of DH bikes) thrown at it from a '97 GT LTS DH to a current Demo 8 and probably about 7 other personal DH bikes between the 2. Never had an issue...one of the best purchases I've ever made.