Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48
  1. #16
    Celebrating No-Pants Day kidwoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In my pants
    Posts
    16,797
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastHucker View Post
    Manufacture d'Articles Vélocipediques Idoux et Chanel
    Is that really what that mess stands for?
    STRAVA: Turn your dork logger off when you're on unsanctioned trails numbnuts

    Switchacks = woodland based crimes against humanity

  2. #17
    used an iron once HardtailHack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,677
    Rep Power
    4
    Arrows DHH?

  3. #18
    Grasshopper
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    2
    I started riding as 300lb+ ex bodybuilder, Mavic 823 is your ticket ;-)

  4. #19
    just shake your rump Sandwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    whahlthahm, MAH
    Posts
    12,569
    Rep Power
    13
    http://www.bikeparts.com/search_resu...FQSg4AodvTkAYg

    if you kill one of these, then you are probably also dead.

  5. #20
    triple nubby insanitylevel9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    hopkinton ma
    Posts
    2,030
    Rep Power
    2
    im 210 and i havent been able to bend my spank spike wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesqueeb View Post
    Wanna send me a couple blow up dolls? I've had an idea.
    check out my videos!!!!!!!
    www.youtube.com/insanitylevel99
    -
    Ben

  6. #21
    Turbo Monkey Lelandjt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
    Posts
    1,332
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by insanitylevel9 View Post
    im 210 and i havent been able to bend my spank spike wheels
    And those are much lighter than 823s, Doubletracks, Arrows, ect. The Spike is my current favorite DH rim, though I doubt they are at the same level of indestructableness as Doubletracks.

    Edit: Meant Doubletracks
    Last edited by Lelandjt; 11-28-2012 at 10:04 PM.

  7. #22
    Turbo Monkey WestCoastHucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    daydreaming about a new rhythm line.....
    Posts
    2,512
    Rep Power
    7
    lol @ doubleweights....

  8. #23
    I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail! IH8Rice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Im over here now
    Posts
    23,217
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    though I doubt they are at the same level of indestructableness as Doublewides.
    really? those are/were probably the worst rims ive ever used. i easily went through 5+ of them in just a few years. i think they were designed to fold
    Originally Posted by Sandwich
    i schralped bus stop with a rear flat faster than jonkranked does it on his pretty expresso

  9. #24
    Monkey
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    seattle worshington
    Posts
    502
    Rep Power
    5
    what about MTX33's? I have been rallying on the same set for about 3 years with truing here and there. no flat spots, a couple rim dings on back. built by a pro. I'm only about 170 but tag rocks and land sideways a lot and ride on the back wheel as much as possible. I have run 823's with so-so results(bad build by me) but the mtx's feel very solid and I'm not big on tubeless. does anyone run staggered rims, lighter front heavier back? I feel the MTX33 is way too strong a front rim for me and I could go to something lighter the next go around. the width and stiffness are great though.
    Last edited by Sonic Reducer; 11-28-2012 at 09:36 PM.

  10. #25
    Turbo Monkey Lelandjt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
    Posts
    1,332
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8Rice View Post
    really? those are/were probably the worst rims ive ever used. i easily went through 5+ of them in just a few years. i think they were designed to fold
    I meant Doubletracks.

  11. #26
    Turbo Monkey Lelandjt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
    Posts
    1,332
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Reducer View Post
    I feel the MTX33 is way too strong a front rim for me and I could go to something lighter the next go around. the width and stiffness are great though.
    I feel like the MTX33 is kind of the updated Doubletrack, great reputation and width but still kind of heavy. The problem with your staggered rim idea is that while you could probably get by with a lighter, less stiff rim in front you don't want to go narrower. The only rim I know that's as wide as your MTX33 and lighter is the Spank Spike. They are somewhat prone to big dents but I've only crushed them on the rear and always from hitting a rock way too hard given the pressure I was running.

  12. #27
    I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail! IH8Rice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Im over here now
    Posts
    23,217
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Reducer View Post
    what about MTX33's? I have been rallying on the same set for about 3 years with truing here and there. no flat spots, a couple rim dings on back. built by a pro. I'm only about 170 but tag rocks and land sideways a lot and ride on the back wheel as much as possible. I have run 823's with so-so results(bad build by me) but the mtx's feel very solid and I'm not big on tubeless. does anyone run staggered rims, lighter front heavier back? I feel the MTX33 is way too strong a front rim for me and I could go to something lighter the next go around. the width and stiffness are great though.
    ive been using them for around 3-4 years also and do like them but they tend to dent a little too easy for my liking. with that said, all of mine are still going strong despite a ton of dents throughout the rims.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    I meant Doubletracks.
    yeah, i thought so
    Originally Posted by Sandwich
    i schralped bus stop with a rear flat faster than jonkranked does it on his pretty expresso

  13. #28
    Press Button, Receive Stupid jonKranked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    alcoholics unanimous
    Posts
    35,978
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by HardtailHack View Post
    Arrows DHH?
    that was my first though. but good lord are those rims anchors.
    set your sarcasm meter to Level 4:butt hurt

  14. #29
    Monkey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    922
    Rep Power
    3
    So glad that the Broken ENVE rim was posted up, because if one has broken then they all will, and not only will you die in the crash but your riding buddies will inhale bits of carbon and they'll die too.

    Thanks. Good thing that no one has ever folded an 823 or a doubletrack, because that would make you look really silly wouldn't it.

  15. #30
    Turbo Monkey demo 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    5,839
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Reducer View Post
    what about MTX33's? I have been rallying on the same set for about 3 years with truing here and there. no flat spots, a couple rim dings on back. built by a pro. I'm only about 170 but tag rocks and land sideways a lot and ride on the back wheel as much as possible. I have run 823's with so-so results(bad build by me) but the mtx's feel very solid and I'm not big on tubeless. does anyone run staggered rims, lighter front heavier back? I feel the MTX33 is way too strong a front rim for me and I could go to something lighter the next go around. the width and stiffness are great though.
    Not saying they didnt hold up for you, but i build my "mud wheels" on mtx 33 and i used them one weekend this year, for the gravity east race at snowshoe, they have 10 dents, from 8 runs. That said, none of the dents are bad, but i didnt exactly ride that race hard (suck at mud) and additionally, it wasnt rocky at all.

    Moral of the story= not a fan
    Industry 9 wheels for sale

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •