Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Celebrating No-Pants Day kidwoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastHucker View Post
    Manufacture d'Articles Vélocipediques Idoux et Chanel
    Is that really what that mess stands for?
    STRAVA: Turn your dork logger off when you're on unsanctioned trails numbnuts

Switchacks = woodland based crimes against humanity

Arrows DHH?

Grasshopper
    I started riding as 300lb+ ex bodybuilder, Mavic 823 is your ticket ;-)

http://www.bikeparts.com/search_resu...FQSg4AodvTkAYg

if you kill one of these, then you are probably also dead.

im 210 and i havent been able to bend my spank spike wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesqueeb View Post
    Wanna send me a couple blow up dolls? I've had an idea.
    check out my videos!!!!!!!
    www.youtube.com/insanitylevel99
    -
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by insanitylevel9 View Post
    im 210 and i havent been able to bend my spank spike wheels
    And those are much lighter than 823s, Doubletracks, Arrows, ect. The Spike is my current favorite DH rim, though I doubt they are at the same level of indestructableness as Doubletracks.

Edit: Meant Doubletracks
    Last edited by Lelandjt; 11-28-2012 at 10:04 PM.

lol @ doubleweights....

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail! IH8Rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    though I doubt they are at the same level of indestructableness as Doublewides.
    really? those are/were probably the worst rims ive ever used. i easily went through 5+ of them in just a few years. i think they were designed to fold
    Originally Posted by Sandwich
    i schralped bus stop with a rear flat faster than jonkranked does it on his pretty expresso

Monkey
    what about MTX33's? I have been rallying on the same set for about 3 years with truing here and there. no flat spots, a couple rim dings on back. built by a pro. I'm only about 170 but tag rocks and land sideways a lot and ride on the back wheel as much as possible. I have run 823's with so-so results(bad build by me) but the mtx's feel very solid and I'm not big on tubeless. does anyone run staggered rims, lighter front heavier back? I feel the MTX33 is way too strong a front rim for me and I could go to something lighter the next go around. the width and stiffness are great though.
    Last edited by Sonic Reducer; 11-28-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IH8Rice View Post
    really? those are/were probably the worst rims ive ever used. i easily went through 5+ of them in just a few years. i think they were designed to fold
    I meant Doubletracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Reducer View Post
    I feel the MTX33 is way too strong a front rim for me and I could go to something lighter the next go around. the width and stiffness are great though.
    I feel like the MTX33 is kind of the updated Doubletrack, great reputation and width but still kind of heavy. The problem with your staggered rim idea is that while you could probably get by with a lighter, less stiff rim in front you don't want to go narrower. The only rim I know that's as wide as your MTX33 and lighter is the Spank Spike. They are somewhat prone to big dents but I've only crushed them on the rear and always from hitting a rock way too hard given the pressure I was running.

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail! IH8Rice's Avatar
    what about MTX33's? I have been rallying on the same set for about 3 years with truing here and there. no flat spots, a couple rim dings on back. built by a pro. I'm only about 170 but tag rocks and land sideways a lot and ride on the back wheel as much as possible. I have run 823's with so-so results(bad build by me) but the mtx's feel very solid and I'm not big on tubeless. does anyone run staggered rims, lighter front heavier back? I feel the MTX33 is way too strong a front rim for me and I could go to something lighter the next go around. the width and stiffness are great though.
    ive been using them for around 3-4 years also and do like them but they tend to dent a little too easy for my liking. with that said, all of mine are still going strong despite a ton of dents throughout the rims.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    I meant Doubletracks.
    yeah, i thought so
    Originally Posted by Sandwich
    i schralped bus stop with a rear flat faster than jonkranked does it on his pretty expresso

Press Button, Receive Stupid jonKranked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HardtailHack View Post
    Arrows DHH?
    that was my first though. but good lord are those rims anchors.
    set your sarcasm meter to Level 4:butt hurt

Monkey
    So glad that the Broken ENVE rim was posted up, because if one has broken then they all will, and not only will you die in the crash but your riding buddies will inhale bits of carbon and they'll die too.

Thanks. Good thing that no one has ever folded an 823 or a doubletrack, because that would make you look really silly wouldn't it.

Not saying they didnt hold up for you, but i build my "mud wheels" on mtx 33 and i used them one weekend this year, for the gravity east race at snowshoe, they have 10 dents, from 8 runs. That said, none of the dents are bad, but i didnt exactly ride that race hard (suck at mud) and additionally, it wasnt rocky at all.

Moral of the story= not a fan
    Industry 9 wheels for sale