Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    The Official Meat of Ridemonkey jimmydean's Avatar
    The 10" is too big for me to handle easy. The 7" is much better, even the heavier older ones are better than a light 10". The iPad mini is a great size, but the hardware/price make it a bad call for 90% of the folks out there IMO.

I spent all weekend with the mini and love the size, hate the OS and it's slow. If it wasn't also crazy expensive, I would say if you have other Apple products, it might be worth it for the size and ease of use.
    RIP DMG.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtMcGirk
    Call me when you need a lawyer. I have a friend who is really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy R View Post
    An honest question for you people who use tablets all the time. If you could only get one tablet, would you go with a 7 or a 10 inch version and why? I am trying to decide between a Nexus 7 or 10. I would be using it really only as a "dicking around" device. Maybe a couple of work related items, and I am honestly not sure how much I would even travel with it.
    for e-reading in bed, kindle is just the right size. anything larger gets a bit annoying after 15 min unless you're sitting up. hard to hold w/ one hand, in case one is inclined to have other online proclivities requiring ambidextrous uses

i would expect for traveling, there's nothing that significantly separates one from the other
    we are afraid to put men to live and trade each on his own private stock of reason, because we suspect that this stock in each man is small. - edmund burke

The voice of reason binary visions's Avatar
    I had an HP Touchpad, which is a 10" tablet, and my girlfriend has an iPad 2, also a 10" tablet. Neither got/get used except when there's something specific we want them for.

My Nexus 7 gets used constantly. It's small enough that I frequently bring it to work to do network troubleshooting, or out and about if I'm going to be stuck somewhere I might want to read. Being able to use it one-handed is really what makes me use it more. It's also far easier to travel with, just from a weight/single-hand perspective. Insert jokes here.

I think the 7" tablet is much more versatile and I use it far more than I ever used the 10" tablets.
    You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

My Travel | Costa Rica | Galapagos | Peru | Tanzania: Kilimanjaro & Safari |

The new list has been ordered today!

1 x Samsung S3
    1 x Samsung S2
    1 x Samsung Note 2
    2 x Nexus 7
    1 x Nexus 4 (no carrier)
    1 x Nexus One
    1 x Xoom 2
    1 x HTC One X+
    1 x HTC DNA

Last word was the Nexus 4 is sold out everywhere.
    RIP DMG.

How about, for the benefit of Stink, you rate them on a wankability scale?
    oblivion, and he did not tell.

Nexus 4 FINALLY got here. Wow, what a sweet phone. Screen isn't as big as the S3, but the Nexus 4 is slightly smaller, too. Wicked fast, great display, great feel with a grip edge. I love it, very nice piece of hardware. I am a fan.

Still waiting on the Nexus 10's
    RIP DMG.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmydean View Post
    Nexus 4 FINALLY got here. Wow, what a sweet phone. Screen isn't as big as the S3, but the Nexus 4 is slightly smaller, too. Wicked fast, great display, great feel with a grip edge. I love it, very nice piece of hardware. I am a fan.

Still waiting on the Nexus 10's
    New toy:

And yesterday's screen capture:

So far I'm *loving* it, fast, intuitive, small, light, etc, and I don't even have a Sim card in it yet (should be here today). The only thing lacking is LTE, and apparently that's not *actually* lacking. No T-Mobile LTE in my area yet, so I'm going to wait and see what happens at the upcoming Google I/O before rooting...

(And yes, I was tempted to wait until Google's conference in another 2 weeks before buying, but it doesn't sound like the Nexus 5 is going to drop. I'll also be saving $40-45/month with my new T-Mobile plan and so it would cost me something like $40 just to wait and see what Google is going to reveal. Then if there's a mad scramble like with the release of the N4 and it's out of stock for the next couple months, it could end up costing quite a bit in higher monthly VZW charges anyway...)
    www.straycatbicycles.com

"Dante is wise, and also loves bacon."

Press Button, Receive Stupid jonKranked's Avatar
    i've been hearing that a revamped n7 will be making a debut.
    set your sarcasm meter to Level 4:butt hurt

I heard (rumored) a larger-memory N4 with LTE. Considering the fact that the N4 currently *has* an LTE radio, they could even announce that it works with current N4s and just release an updated radio (or, rather, re-release the original .33 that it shipped with before they took away the LTE). Bumping up the memory to 16gb/32gb is a snap as well, and something they've already done with the N7 line previously.

Update. Tried to go with T-Mobile's "$30 for unlimited (5GB) web and text, 100min" and god it was a hassle. Supposedly it's only supposed to be sold through Wal-Mart, and supposedly it's only a pay-as-you-go (or possibly "prepaid"? Not sure of the difference between the two), but after a bit of hassle I'm now set up with it for ~$30/month. And it pulls the $30 from my credit card each month as well.

I think.

My phone works now for calls and data, but only when I'm connected to my WiFi (which I can understand for data, but it enables the phone calls as well, which run off of the T-Mobile towers instead of WiFi. And yet, when I turn off data, I lose voice as well.... My number hasn't been ported over *yet*, so I"m hoping that that'll clear everything up.

Their website is also an utter nightmare.

Seriously, why the F should it be this hard to sign up for a no-contract plan and just bill me each month?
    www.straycatbicycles.com

Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by dante View Post
    Seriously, why the F should it be this hard to sign up for a no-contract plan and just bill me each month?
    straight talk.
    Got a sim card, put it in, set up the apn, linked my cc, pulls 45$ month unlimited everything.

^^^^That'll certainly be my next move if T-Mobile doesn't get their sh!t straightened out. The thing is I don't need unlimited voice minutes, so saving ~$15/month is appealing. I think it's partially due to a) it being a "Wal-Mart specific" plan and b) porting my number from an on-contract system like Verizon to a prepaid system like T-Mo.

Regardless, it's annoying as fvck.
    www.straycatbicycles.com

I have been playing with this as of late. Up to 10,000 frames per second. I have been primarily taking video of plug insertions.

Last edited by Westy; 04-30-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    (\_/)
    (.)
    c()()

Dante, you will not miss LTE on T-mobile as long as you are in an area to get their normal 4G. Its fast and works well. But if you get into some rural $hit and your phone says E, prepare for dial up flashbacks.
    Good choice on the Nexus 4 as well. I was eyeing it, and then samsung updated my S2 to jelly bean 4.1.2,
    and it works so well that I plan to hang on to it until the nexus 5 comes out at least. I also finally rooted my phone, and used titanium backup to remove all the crap on it. If I would have known how easy rooting is, I would have done it sooner.
    SEI Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I have been playing with this as of late. Up to 10,000 frames per second. I have been primarily taking video of plug insertions.

What kinda plugs? Butt plugs?

That sounds like a pretty interesting camera there

Quote Originally Posted by dante View Post

My phone works now for calls and data, but only when I'm connected to my WiFi (which I can understand for data, but it enables the phone calls as well, which run off of the T-Mobile towers instead of WiFi. And yet, when I turn off data, I lose voice as well.... My number hasn't been ported over *yet*, so I"m hoping that that'll clear everything up.
    Dude, keep that fvcker. The wifi calling feature is the ****. Say you're in half way around the world, near a wifi signal. You call home. It just uses your regular voice minutes. No need to unlock the phone and buy local sim cards, etc. You get all your texts, etc too.

Like Skye but it works better and you get your texts.

I've had the Galaxy S2 for awhile now and it rules. Zero problems, fast data, very few dropped calls. I love it.