Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good recent riding based DH movies?

I've got a newborn at home, which means a couple of months of little riding and lots of midnight bottle feedings on the couch. I need some new movies to watch while I'm feeding little dude. I'm looking for something with high DH riding content, and LOW amounts of the following content: interviews, lifestyle shots, long nature shots, slow motion, and tons of dirt jumping. Honestly, I've never found the perfect movie. I guess the Earthed series comes the closest. I HATED F1rst, and while the Collective movies look pretty, there's not enough riding for my tastes, and way to much hucking. Suggestions?

2. Advertisement - Log in or Register to hide this ad
    The free videos the Parkins put on MPORA for Dirt.

Everything else recently seems to be overly saturated by:
    lifestyle shots, long nature shots, slow motion, and tons of dirt jumping
    Last edited by mattmatt86; 11-11-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mattmatt86 View Post

skidddddddddddddddddddddddddddzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz n' roost bro!

Congrats on the new born dude. That's all I got for you.
    there's no "I" in threesome.

“I am enjoying every finish line like a victory. This adrenaline, head on fire at 50k an hour down the mountain is filling me of happiness…” - FAB

Monkey
    If you're looking for online content aswell, then what you described is exactly what I try to make. I posted up my end of season video already and it went down pretty well on here, set up a new pinkbike now, the latest is on there

http://thirty2forty2.pinkbike.com/

The Parkins' videos have been very slow-mo since they got their new camera equipment, I liked them better before that.

Congrats! You'll see it's great!

I can't really suggest new bike movies...sorry! ...but I share your tastes for bike movies and I am interested to hear more suggestions.

I you allow me, I would however suggest you that a bike movie that will get you all pumped may not be your best choice for the midnight bottle feeding. In my experience, dumb humoristic shows like According to Jim, Two and a Half Men, etc. are better (I can't believe I'm writing this). What you want is something that will pass time and somewhat entertain you. You mostly just want to resume what is left of your night of sleep ASAP after the feeding. You don't what to spend the rest of the night thinking about cool new lines to dig in the trails you ride.

Also, exposing your newborn to a lot of visual stimuli and music is not really advisable.

That being said, there will be other times to watch great bike movies during the day naps.

Thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by FlipSide View Post
    I you allow me, I would however suggest you that a bike movie that will get you all pumped may not be your best choice for the midnight bottle feeding. In my experience, dumb humoristic shows like According to Jim, Two and a Half Men, etc. are better (I can't believe I'm writing this). What you want is something that will pass time and somewhat entertain you. You mostly just want to resume what is left of your night of sleep ASAP after the feeding. You don't what to spend the rest of the night thinking about cool new lines to dig in the trails you ride.
    I can see your point. It wasn't a problem with my daughter though (this is kid #2). I've found that as long as whatever I'm watching doesn't require me to pay attention it works. Bike movies are good because they prevent me from thinking about my job; when I go back to bed I'm thinking about a trail and not some company issue. Fantasy movies I've already seen a lot work as well - Star Wars, Lord of the Rings etc.

Their trailer up on Pinkbike this morning is everything I hate...WTF is with the african animal shots???

I want gonzo...not soft core

Quote Originally Posted by yetihenry View Post
    If you're looking for online content aswell, then what you described is exactly what I try to make. I posted up my end of season video already and it went down pretty well on here, set up a new pinkbike now, the latest is on there

http://thirty2forty2.pinkbike.com/
    Thanks, I'll give it a look tonight.

Oh! Kid #2! I see! Then you're more experienced than I am...

Good point about NOT thinking about work stuff. Whatever works at achieving this goal is good!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks bike movies have sucked since Earthed.

That's all I got to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Smelly View Post
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks bike movies have sucked since Earthed.

That's all I got to add.
    I actually don't mind some of the older New World Disorder movies, They were pretty good up till like 7-8. I thought they had pretty decent music, and a nice mix of big mountain, street, DJing, racing and North Shore. They used to get me pumped to ride.
    Last edited by mattmatt86; 11-12-2012 at 08:03 AM.

Monkey
    I liked 3Focus for that kind of film, although it's not exactly recent anymore. Maybe one of the Freecaster season recap DVD's?

Turbo Monkey
    Congrats on your new kid, awesome! Lucky for you there are a load of awesome movies out there right now. In no particular order, I recommend:

PS - I like these: http://www.pinkbike.com/video/search/?q=silvia

And the world cup vides from these guys: http://vimeo.com/channels/triride

Someone should patch the best short videos from Silvia or TriRide together and make a movie.
    Banshee Legend Mk2 for Sale here
    pumptrackproject.com