Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Haha Vena got Pwned by clever marketing. I like ancillottic drawing ties to suspension bridges and parachutes in describing their supperior suspension deezine.

Pull - as a few before me said - is describing its swing arm to rocker arm relationship. instead of activating the shock like a turner, it works similar to an old giant DH team (not exactly like most jap moto's however). They have a nice compact design, and got around the swingarm-shock resevoir bottom out interference by going with the funky flipped resevoir design (which prolly throws alot of people off and further impounds the idea of it using a pull shock)

this one is sweet:

Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by xy9ine View Post
    this one is sweet:

I actually saw that bike in person way back when- one of the owners of Barracuda Dave Southwell showed it to me- scary stuff. It used the same Works Performance pull shock as the old Buell Schwinn bike. Believe it or not, they had another prototype bike that used the same shock that was even more scary.

Quote Originally Posted by xy9ine View Post
    this one is sweet:

That bike is huuuuuuge

I dig the road cranks
    I am not saying we kill all the stupid people, I am just saying we should remove all the warning labels and let it sort itself out.....

here are a few...schwinn and yeti

I don't know KARATE but i know CRAZY...

Chimp
    Heres my buddy riding his schwinn/yeti pull shock dh bike. i has a custom machined rear link that gives it 8 inches of travel .

Last edited by STPIZZAY; 07-07-2008 at 09:31 PM. Reason: spelling error

Is something wrong with me, because I actually Dig the Schwinn/Yeti design
    I am not saying we kill all the stupid people, I am just saying we should remove all the warning labels and let it sort itself out.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vena View Post
    Yep, they call their suspension system 'pull shock'. BUT... The shock absorber that is used in their so called 'pull shock' system is a regular shock absorber that could be swapped out with a revox, DHX, Avy, CCDB or any other conventional shock with the right eye to eye & stroke. (save for any clearance issues with the reservoir)
    I hope that you can see the difference in the way the shock is actuated by comparing it with the other suspension designs pictured in this thread that do use a pull type shock absorber (notice the spring hanging out one end on the schwinn & yeti?).

the scott as mentioned above is a scott genius...a sort of 5" travel all day kinda thing

Quote Originally Posted by dazz View Post
    Yep, they call their suspension system 'pull shock'. BUT... The shock absorber that is used in their so called 'pull shock' system is a regular shock absorber that could be swapped out with a revox, DHX, Avy, CCDB or any other conventional shock with the right eye to eye & stroke. (save for any clearance issues with the reservoir)
    I hope that you can see the difference in the way the shock is actuated by comparing it with the other suspension designs pictured in this thread that do use a pull type shock absorber (notice the spring hanging out one end on the schwinn & yeti?).

I thought I read somewhere that you could only use there shock. something about an oddball EyE to EyE, and something with clearance issues

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMike View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that you could only use there shock. something about an oddball EyE to EyE, and something with clearance issues
    Wouldn't surprise me. From reading the website I get the impression that they like to do things their own way. Interesting that they spec Marzocchi up the front, thought they might have had something a bit rarer & more exotic to match the rest of the bike.

edit: i2i = 228mm, stroke = 68mm for thier DH shock - so yeah, oddball size.

Quote Originally Posted by MobileChernobyl View Post
    Haha Vena got Pwned by clever marketing. I like ancillottic drawing ties to suspension bridges and parachutes in describing their supperior suspension deezine.

Quote Originally Posted by dazz View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me. From reading the website I get the impression that they like to do things their own way. Interesting that they spec Marzocchi up the front, thought they might have had something a bit rarer & more exotic to match the rest of the bike.

edit: i2i = 228mm, stroke = 68mm for thier DH shock - so yeah, oddball size.
    Thought it was something like that, In all honesty thats really the only ting that turns me off on there bike, Proprietary rear shocks are teh Devil. specially when you have a problem and need service!!!

Scott Genius 2 Carbon.
    Last edited by wysiwyg; 07-09-2008 at 02:50 AM. Reason: brain fart
    Waiting for sunshine and dusty trails - again.