Grasshopper

old Schwinn—how to sell?

Hey--I found an old Schwinn coaster, single-speed, that's too heavy for me to ride. It's a bit rusty w/ dented fenders, and it needs new tires and tubes. Otherwise (my friend checked it out) it's rideable. The bike store guy says Schwinn hasn't made this style of gear wheel since the 1940s at least.

How much should I charge? Where can I sell it? Sure, someone would buy it for cheap to truck around town (Boston) but really I'd rather sell it to someone who's into ancient Schwinns and would dig it properly.

2. Advertisement - Log in or Register to hide this ad
    google it, theres a ton of vintage bike people out there, ebay is a good place to see what people pay for vintage bikes

post some pics

is it a Chicago Schwinn?
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkshirtphotos View Post
    im not even that dumn

Team PsychO!, not just a clever team name.
    You can determine the year and model of the bike from the serial number. Check around online and you should find something to help you figure out what you have. From there it shouldn't be too tough to detrmine it estimated value.
    MMike
    If a bicycle heading south leaves Everett at 1:00 pm travels at 15 mph, and a bicycle heading north leaves Tacoma at 1:30 pm travels at 20 mph, what time will they be yelled at by an LBS owner for shopping at Supergo?

Oly
    By the time they get there the LBS will be out of buisness, so its sorta a trick question.....

Grasshopper

The serial number appears to be S317106. -- oh, I found it on the underside of the mechanism that holds the pedals, just a few inches from the ground.
    Last edited by djd; 06-28-2008 at 12:15 PM.