manitou swinger 3 way (leaky)

hey guys ive got an issue with a swinger 3-way. i got it on a brand new giant vt3 frame. i weigh 170 lbs. ive been putting 150 in the main spring and 165 in the spv side. after every ride, 2 so far, ive checked the pressures to find the main spring has held pressure BUT, the spv side has dropped to about 75 lbs. what do you think? why would a brand new shock leak so bad? could it be my pump? thanks for your input-brian

2. Advertisement - Log in or Register to hide this ad
    It may not be leaking. The air chamber on the SPV side is so small that if you put fork pump with a pressure gauge on it you'll dump half the pressure. Pump it up and see if you get 75 lbs a day or two later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    I'm going to assume you know the difference between an M26 and a Mk. 2 fragmentation grenade..........

your puttin to much air in the SPV, it sounds like your using it as if it were a rockshock with pos and neg air, 165 is way to much air in that chamber, on my 4 way i run 90lbs o air in the SPV chamber and i weigh 200 lbs. If you look at the SPV chamber there should be a listing of the range of air for that chamber i think its like 50-125 lbs also you want to fill that chamber last when doing the air, fill the main air first.

Also make sure you are using a LOW pressure air pump to fill up the SPV chamber. Manitou has one its Anodized Red and there reg pump is Ano Black
    "Wrenchman Zach"
    Cycle Therapy
    The Wrenchman

Where the riding is good, and the good are riding

E

Everytime you check that shock for the pressure you lose alot. Stop checking it. Do what that other guy said about 2 or 3 days later. If you still think it is leaking you can take the shock off, and submerge it in a bucket of water to see if it is leaking air. LOOK FOR THE BUBBLES!!!!!!!!
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<PURA VIDA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<RIDE HARD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>