Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!!!!! SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    In a van.... down by the river
    Posts
    36,783
    Rep Power
    18

    RFI: Good wind-blocking sunglasses

    Well,

    I'm considering retiring my Smith Moab shields and am considering my options. Requirements:

    1) Interchangable lenses (smoke, amber, clear)
    2) Very good wind blocking
    3) <$50

    Anybody have favorites? I know it's always possible to find clearance deals on glasses, so what do people like?

    -S.S.-

  2. Advertisement - Log in or Register to hide this ad
  3. #2
    Turbo Monkey Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In a web in the corner of your room
    Posts
    1,972
    Rep Power
    5
    You'll love this: Brikos

    Got mine on closeout, but only one set of lightly smoked lenses, and the totally road weenie bug-eyed look is completely free

  4. #3
    Mr. Ho Jangles Morryjg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Littleton
    Posts
    907
    Rep Power
    6
    Another pair of Smiths on sale. Or break the >$50 rule and get the new Specialized glasses, you will only need one set of lenses. They are photo-cromatic so there's no need for an amber, smoke, clear, etc.
    My cat's breath smells like cat food.

  5. #4
    Out of my element golgiaparatus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
    Posts
    7,298
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Well,
    I'm considering retiring my Smith Moab shields and am considering my options. Requirements:
    1) Interchangable lenses (smoke, amber, clear)
    2) Very good wind blocking
    3) <$50
    Anybody have favorites? I know it's always possible to find clearance deals on glasses, so what do people like?
    -S.S.-
    Mine are similar to... Bought with wind protection in mind.
    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...&estore_ID=334

    Looks like they are having a sale.
    "Right now I'm tapped into my subconscious, affecting the quantum field of infinite potential."

    "All you have to do is convince yourself there are decent pubs in your area and they will appear. If your mind can believe it, reality will bend in your favor. Your pub already exists in the quantum field. It's just time and space preventing it from manifesting in physical form."

    - Knuckleslammer

  6. #5
    I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!!!!! SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    In a van.... down by the river
    Posts
    36,783
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by golgiaparatus
    Mine are similar to... Bought with wind protection in mind.
    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...&estore_ID=334

    Looks like they are having a sale.
    Now we're talking! Might have to drop by the local Performance and try 'em on......

    -S.S.-

  7. #6
    I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!!!!! SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    In a van.... down by the river
    Posts
    36,783
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Morryjg
    Another pair of Smiths on sale. Or break the >$50 rule and get the new Specialized glasses, you will only need one set of lenses. They are photo-cromatic so there's no need for an amber, smoke, clear, etc.
    The $50 rule cannot be broken. Unless they're gift sunglasses for my wife.

    -S.S.-

  8. #7
    Mr. Ho Jangles Morryjg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Littleton
    Posts
    907
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    The $50 rule cannot be broken. Unless they're gift sunglasses for my wife.

    -S.S.-
    So, buy them the Mrs. SS and then 'borrow' them on ride days!
    My cat's breath smells like cat food.

  9. #8
    I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!!!!! SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    In a van.... down by the river
    Posts
    36,783
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Morryjg
    So, buy them the Mrs. SS and then 'borrow' them on ride days!
    Naw - she's really protective of her sunglasses........... NOT.

    -S.S.-

    Edit: Besides - I already pulled that with the D70. She might start to catch on......

  10. #9
    JRB
    Guest
    Can't you just wear the Glacier glasses???

  11. #10
    I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!!!!! SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    In a van.... down by the river
    Posts
    36,783
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by loco
    Can't you just wear the Glacier glasses???
    No interchangable lenses, numbnutz.

    Oh, and they're glacier glasses.

    -S.S.-

  12. #11
    MOTHER HEN LordOpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    21,039
    Rep Power
    0
    get your wife a bowling ball with your name on it.

  13. #12
    I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!!!!! SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    In a van.... down by the river
    Posts
    36,783
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOpie
    get your wife a bowling ball with your name on it.
    What's a "bowling ball"?

    -S.S.-

  14. #13
    Mr. Ho Jangles Morryjg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Littleton
    Posts
    907
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Oh, and they're glacier glasses.

    -S.S.-
    You must do lots of driving on glaciers then. Since that's what you always wear when you drive...
    My cat's breath smells like cat food.

  15. #14
    I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!!!!! SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    In a van.... down by the river
    Posts
    36,783
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Morryjg
    You must do lots of driving on glaciers then. Since that's what you always wear when you drive...
    No - it was the capitalization I was hacking on him for.

    They make good sunglasses without the side shields. Although their windblocking goes *way* downhill sans shields.

    -S.S.-

  16. #15
    Mr. Ho Jangles Morryjg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Littleton
    Posts
    907
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    No - it was the capitalization I was hacking on him for.

    -S.S.-
    Damn grammar nazis.
    My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •