Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

THICK gripzzz.. who makes em?

i had these on my DJ and have never had so much love for a pair of grips (other than the sh!tty grub screw clamp system), from what i understand, these are discontinued..

can anyone recommend some thicker grips like this with a soft rubber compound? (not interested in thick grips with a hard compound) id really like some thicker grips for the DH bike i am currently building.. the sunlines really helped with hand/arm pump, not sure why thick grips arent more popular. they were like pillows for my hands.

thx in advance
    B
    IG: kittykittymeow666

2. Advertisement - Log in or Register to hide this ad
    ODI Rogues. Had em before and I like em.

Celebrating No-Pants Day kidwoo's Avatar
    I've got some free agent lock-ons that I'm about to take off a bike because they're too thick.

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...4&category=328

The design is pretty cushy. I ride them without gloves all the time.

edit: was thinking of those rogues too^^^^^
    Last edited by kidwoo; 05-15-2013 at 11:07 AM.
    Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails, numbnuts.

Switchacks = woodland based crimes against humanity

Monkey
    I have lockon Ourys on all of my bmx and mountainbikes. I've tried others and always come back to them.
    She said, "Do you have cable?" I said, "No. But I'm sure the ropes will be plenty strong for you."

Quote Originally Posted by blindboxx2334 View Post
    can anyone recommend some thicker grips like this with a soft rubber compound? (not interested in thick grips with a hard compound)
    Not quite sure what "soft rubber compound" you're looking for but I only use the larger grips on all of my bikes since I've got fairly large hands. I've got the ODI Rogues on my DH bike, Specialized Enduro XL's on my full suspension bike, and Raceface Strafes on my hardtail. All of those are the larger sized grips.
    Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.

http://www.youtube.com/MrICEBALL585

Northern VA, where mod/liberals still love their guns
    +1 on the ODI Rogues. ive got big hands and don't like the thin grips as i get arm pump. with thicker grips, barely any. i run Rogues on all my bikes. they wear well and last a long time.
    Rides:
    SantaCruz Bronson Carbon | SantaCruz V10 Carbon | KTM 200 XC-W | Specialized P.3

Sponsored by:
    Me

boy- ive felt those on numerous other bikes and do not like them, they started hurting my hands pretty damn quick. IIRC they start out as a hard compound and then get softer as you ride them.. id like a grip thats ready to go.

kid-do you know the diameter of them? i googled but no luck. i havent had a mushroom style grip since the bmx days.. maybe its time to go back! 13 bux is also a damn fine deal for some lock ons.

Quote Originally Posted by blindboxx2334 View Post

kid-do you know the diameter of them? i googled but no luck. i havent had a mushroom style grip since the bmx days.. maybe its time to go back! 13 bux is also a damn fine deal for some lock ons.
    They're the biggest grip I've ever had on a bike. I can measure when I get home.

Yeah I was going to offer to give them to you if you're ever up here but with as cheap as they are, they're a pretty easy decision.

I'll get back to you.
    Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails, numbnuts.

Dem Free Agents damn similar to what Im running now, Sensus'. By far my favorite. Kinda on the skinny side but the wave pattern I really like. Good amount of grip, like the feel and control I have using em. With or without mits on theyre awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by boylagz View Post
    Dem Free Agents damn similar to what Im running now, Sensus'. By far my favorite. Kinda on the skinny side but the wave pattern I really like. Good amount of grip, like the feel and control I have using em. With or without mits on theyre awesome.
    These are WAY thicker than sensus. That's actually what I'm replacing them with.

Quote Originally Posted by ICEBALL585 View Post
    Not quite sure what "soft rubber compound" you're looking for but I only use the larger grips on all of my bikes since I've got fairly large hands. I've got the ODI Rogues on my DH bike, Specialized Enduro XL's on my full suspension bike, and Raceface Strafes on my hardtail. All of those are the larger sized grips.
    its hard to explain what the sunline thicks were like, because simply put, ive never felt a grip like this before. and i want moar

due to the soft compound and thickness if you squeeze hard enough while riding your hands can shift around a little bit without actually physically moving your hand. i saw a thread here earlier (dated late 08 or 09 i believe) that someone brings this up and said they didnt like the sunline grips b/c of that.

i have never felt a grip that acutally disperses & dampens small vibrations until i tried the sunlines. im now hooked on thick grips
    Last edited by blindboxx2334; 05-15-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I'll get back to you.
    no worries, you dont gotta measure them. ill take your word for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by boylagz View Post
    ive always wanted to try those as well. maybe when i come down from my 'i want thick grips' phase

edit:
    thanks for the suggestions everyone else too!

as for the oury grips, ive also tried those and dont like them. they start off somewhat hard and then get soft. they also make a mess all over my hands.. (i dont ride with gloves sometimes) =/

i wish i wasnt so picky..
    Last edited by blindboxx2334; 05-15-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mac View Post
    Ran these too. A lil harder than Rogues, but thicker.

Ourys or Rogues are the thickest I've seen.